Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ben could do well given the write songs and management, Simon is all about Fleur

Ben would be best signing with e.g. Ed Sheeran's label once Simon releases him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ben could do well given the write songs and management, Simon is all about Fleur

Ben would be best signing with e.g. Ed Sheeran's label once Simon releases him

Ben Haenow and Ed Sheeran in the same sentence! It really is the season of miracles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

PressRun wrote: »
    Ben is a glorified pub singer and that's all, I'm afraid.
    Agreed, not in a bad way like. I'd go to listen to him in a pub and enjoy it at that. But would never buy his album, go to his concert etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

No i remember Ben from his first audition,he was always great.Fleaur only came to prominence with Uptown Funk.

Ben needs better songs and somebody who could dress him properly.He has no style at the minute.

dubstarr wrote: »
    No i remember Ben from his first audition,he was always great.Fleaur only came to prominence with Uptown Funk.

Ben needs better songs and somebody who could dress him properly.He has no style at the minute.

in terms of an x factor contestant he was alright, but never had any massive moments. it was clear he had a massive voting campaign behind him driven mainly by fanatical young girls. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be there and thereabouts but there were at least three more deserving winners, talent wise, & in an extremely poor year that says a lot. (Andrea, Fleur and Lauren, all three who I believe would have forged a far better career than Ben)

i actually, looking at his body language in the couple of times he has performed on x factor this year and in interviews,,don't think he believes himself he has a hope maintaining a career. Hes awkward on stage and nervous, certain aspects he wasn't in the live shows really.

Look at Fleur, in contrast. She is booming confidence, professionalism and her stage presence is incomparable to any solo singer that has came out on the other side of the x factor, and arguably any act at all? Leona, Little Mix, One Direction? Not a patch on Fleur in respect of the effort she puts in and how unique she is. She is being signed up in America by Columbia records next year so she should be a big success. She seems to have hit this moment at the perfect time of her life. Any younger and she wouldnt have had that drive or proffessionalism and too much older and the record companies may not have taken her on. Hope shes a huge success.

I don't think Ben has a lot to lose though. He doesnt seem like one who has pinned all his hopes and dreams on the entertainment industry and being a grounded and sound enough lad, I anticipate he won't despair, hopefully, if it doesnt work out. And Id say he would be modest enough to accept his limits.

• Advertisement

in terms of an x factor contestant he was alright, but never had any massive moments. it was clear he had a massive voting campaign behind him driven mainly by fanatical young girls. I'm not saying he didn't deserve to be there and thereabouts but there were at least three more deserving winners, talent wise, & in an extremely poor year that says a lot. (Andrea, Fleur and Lauren, all three who I believe would have forged a far better career than Ben)

i actually, looking at his body language in the couple of times he has performed on x factor this year and in interviews,,don't think he believes himself he has a hope maintaining a career. Hes awkward on stage and nervous, certain aspects he wasn't in the live shows really.

Look at Fleur, in contrast. She is booming confidence, professionalism and her stage presence is incomparable to any solo singer that has came out on the other side of the x factor, and arguably any act at all? Leona, Little Mix, One Direction? Not a patch on Fleur in respect of the effort she puts in and how unique she is. She is being signed up in America by Columbia records next year so she should be a big success. She seems to have hit this moment at the perfect time of her life. Any younger and she wouldnt have had that drive or proffessionalism and too much older and the record companies may not have taken her on. Hope shes a huge success.

I don't think Ben has a lot to lose though. He doesnt seem like one who has pinned all his hopes and dreams on the entertainment industry and being a grounded and sound enough lad, I anticipate he won't despair, hopefully, if it doesnt work out. And Id say he would be modest enough to accept his limits.
    I think i would be nervous as well.When its so obvious Simon prefers Fleur.It must be awful to win knowing your mentor was rooting for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The cynic in me always thinks that Cowell roots for the pretty girl as he wants to give her a root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It says everything about this year's series that we're paying more attention to the top two from last year's... :o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

I think i would be nervous as well.When its so obvious Simon prefers Fleur.It must be awful to win knowing your mentor was rooting for someone else.

but in fairness do you blame him??? there is only so much he can do with Ben. Fleur puts in most of the hard work herself anyway. Ben shouldnt be intimidated by Fleur anyway, she is a completely different artist and genre. He should run his contract and get involved in a group as a lead singer, a sort of imagine dragons sound. As i said he isnt a bad singer, given the proper music but as a solo artist, regardless of even the most perfect song he won't make it.

on a sidenote, did anyone here the desperation in his voice begging people to attend his gigs next April!! Imagine Fleur doing that, for example! It screamed of amateurishness and desperation! Feck it, he entered the X Factor, credibility isn't their strongest point..

The cynic in me always thinks that Cowell roots for the pretty girl as he wants to give her a root.

the cynic in me thinks the total opposite of Cowell!!! :D

• Advertisement

It says everything about this year's series that we're paying more attention to the top two from last year's... :o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

^^^^^^^^^ A million times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,604 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

TBF, the winners song this year is totally terrible. Bob Dylan, whilst being a genius, was certainly of his time. His songs are thought provoking poems put to music rather than traditional chart music.

I simply cannot understand how anybody involved in XF thought that any Bob Dylan song, and that song in particular, was going to achieve anything. Such a low key series was then followed by a low key and forgetful song.

The XF is a massive show, free PR, massive face time for the winner. There must be hundreds of TV and music industry experts involved in trying to pull every single % gain. The stage setting, the lights, the contestants picked by the production team prior to the auditions.

Yet this wong was the best they could come up with? For Simon to have signed that off seems to suggest that he either really doesn't care or has lost his touch. I feel sorry for Louisa as this will knock her back and forever be a mark on whatever career she goes on to have. Whatever chance she had of being successful will that a beating due to lack of performance of the single.

I think the final 2 or 3 should be given the same original song to interpret in their own singing style

X factor favourite winners

​Joe McElderry (33k votes)
    James Arthur (19k votes)
    Little Mix (5.4k votes)
    Leona Lewis (3.8k votes)
    Matt Cardle (3k votes)
    Sam Bailey (1.9k votes)
    Ben Haenow (1.5k votes)
    Alexandra Burke (1.3k votes)
    Shayne Ward (726 votes)
    Steve Brookstein (429 votes)
    Leon Jackson[327 votes]

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

X factor favourite winners

​Joe McElderry (33k votes)
    James Arthur (19k votes)
    Little Mix (5.4k votes)
    Leona Lewis (3.8k votes)
    Matt Cardle (3k votes)
    Sam Bailey (1.9k votes)
    Ben Haenow (1.5k votes)
    Alexandra Burke (1.3k votes)
    Shayne Ward (726 votes)
    Steve Brookstein (429 votes)
    Leon Jackson[327 votes]

Joe McElderry? Wtf? Where is that vote from??

http://joemcelderryofficial.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Leroy42 wrote: »
    TBF, the winners song this year is totally terrible. Bob Dylan, whilst being a genius, was certainly of his time. His songs are thought provoking poems put to music rather than traditional chart music.

I simply cannot understand how anybody involved in XF thought that any Bob Dylan song, and that song in particular, was going to achieve anything. Such a low key series was then followed by a low key and forgetful song.

The XF is a massive show, free PR, massive face time for the winner. There must be hundreds of TV and music industry experts involved in trying to pull every single % gain. The stage setting, the lights, the contestants picked by the production team prior to the auditions.

Yet this wong was the best they could come up with? For Simon to have signed that off seems to suggest that he either really doesn't care or has lost his touch. I feel sorry for Louisa as this will knock her back and forever be a mark on whatever career she goes on to have. Whatever chance she had of being successful will that a beating due to lack of performance of the single.

Louisa isn't very talented at all. She's already had hundreds of hours of vocal coaching, released two professionally shot music videos, she has played in front of large audiences before and even had a manager all before she ever got to audition for the X-Factor. She has no personality whatsoever and for all the experience she has she still isnt very good.

The reason Louisa won't do well is because the X-Factor no longer has the ability to push average talent up the charts anymore. Her target audience must be very small considering her lack of sales. When you consider the marketing that goes behind each X-Factor release it's an embarrassing performance from an average artist who was hand picked to win the X-Factor.

I'm not sure how you could feel sorry for her when she's likely to make a lot of money in the short term for not being very talented.

As she keeps saying in every other interview all Louisa wants is to be famous and a "supasta". And she also believes winning this has ALREADY made her one! I know she isn't at the height of matureness, age wise, but 17 isn't young either. She actually could be good but she needs to reign it in a bit

I got that little gem from Digital Spy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Louisa 12th in Xmas chart. That's woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I got that little gem from Digital Spy:D

Gay vote is strong then!

And the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Choir deservedly takes the top spot.

This year's winner's song has already made one bit of unwanted history by entering the charts so low down. Now it looks set to make another by not only failing to make #1, but failing to even make the top 5... :o:o:D:D;);)

What must Peter Fincham be thinking? Remember, he hasn't ruled out renewing XF's contract when it expires next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

It truely is a woeful performance. The song choice was poor but you would still expect the sales would take it into the top 5. When you consider the amount of marketing and exposure this single received the only conclusion you can draw is that she has a tiny fanbase. Maybe I'm wrong and she'll go on to good things but I'm not really sure who her fans are. I certainly don't know one. It's impossible to weigh up how she will fare in the long run but for someone, who was essentially handpicked since her BGT audition, to perform so poorly in those circumstances is a massive red flag IMO.

I also think her lack of personality isn't going to help her at all.

No Louisa on TOTP Christmas special but Fleur was

Anyone watch Celebrity Bites on RTE 2 with Eoin Murphy about reality shows, Lulu Walsh was on and seemed quite bitchy which is so unlike him :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Celebrity Bites on RTE 2 with Eoin Murphy about reality shows, Lulu Walsh was on and seemed quite bitchy which is so unlike him :p

Eoin Murphy is the biggest tosser going. Louis Walsh is like an angel towards him and, no, i dont really like Louis Walsh either!!

From #9, to #12, to #61, to out of the Top 100 altogether...

Even the Wealdstone Raider - remember him? - reached #5. And it's no consolation that he spent one week less in the Top 100.

Still want to renew that contract, Mr Fincham? :o:o:o:D:D:D

Peter_Fincham__dir_3420309b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

From #9, to #12, to #61, to out of the Top 100 altogether...

Even the Wealdstone Raider - remember him? - reached #5. And it's no consolation that he spent one week less in the Top 100.

Still want to renew that contract, Mr Fincham? :o:o:o:D:D:D

Peter_Fincham__dir_3420309b.jpg

Have you got a crush on our Sir Peter? :D

At this point I'm predicting a new 2 year deal for X Factor with ITV calling the shots and Simon getting a lot less money for either his judging or producing.

Advertisement