Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options
1121122123124125127»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Simon also approached Ant & Dec as hosts but they refused apparently

They admitted last year they were approached but they said are far too busy with BGT, Saturday Night Takeaway and I'm a Celeb. Also it would clash with I'm a Celeb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Loughc wrote: »
    They admitted last year they were approached but they said are far too busy with BGT, Saturday Night Takeaway and I'm a Celeb. Also it would clash with I'm a Celeb.

And having them host both of Syco's big shows would be a bit much, wouldn't it?

That said, they did host one of Simon's less successful projects... :o:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I love Dermot. In my opinion he is a great presenter but if I was him I wouldn't go back to X Factor. The show is dying on its legs and I can't see it lasting beyond this year. I don't think Dermot should associate himself with something which is coming to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I love Dermot. In my opinion he is a great presenter but if I was him I wouldn't go back to X Factor. The show is dying on its legs and I can't see it lasting beyond this year. I don't think Dermot should associate himself with something which is coming to an end.

The ship was already sinking fast when he left - why board it again when it's at least half submerged at this stage?

But then again, this is Simon's ship - and he'll definitely be going down with it, no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Given Dermot hasn't denied it, and the story is in The Sun, I'd say there's something in it. I can't figure out why Dermot would come back but The Sun are actually really good on TV news especially when it comes to Cowell shows - they seem to be fed stories from Syco before anyone else. At the very least we are rid of Murs and Flack and for that we should be grateful :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And having them host both of Syco's big shows would be a bit much, wouldn't it?

That said, they did host one of Simon's less successful projects... :o

I actually enjoyed Red or Black. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Loughc wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed Red or Black. Haha.

Ah, Red or Black...the VERY poor man's Deal or no Deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

fr336 wrote: »
    Given Dermot hasn't denied it, and the story is in The Sun, I'd say there's something in it. I can't figure out why Dermot would come back but The Sun are actually really good on TV news especially when it comes to Cowell shows - they seem to be fed stories from Syco before anyone else. At the very least we are rid of Murs and Flack and for that we should be grateful :D

He's baaaaack!

Officially back: http://www.itv.com/xfactor/dermot-oleary-returns-as-host-of-the-x-factor

He must have been given a blank cheque.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My prayers have been answered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Will start a 2016 one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement