Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ye i think Grimshaw could be good,if hes given a chance to shine.I can see what he meant about teh song,cause everybody sings it at the auditions and he wanted something different.Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

fr336 wrote: »
    Lowest launch audience figures for XF since series 3 in 2006 here in the UK.

I can see why too. It was a bad decision that the first act to go through on the new series was a bad singer/joke act. Perhaps people switched off as soon as the new judges started gushing over her. I was close to switching myself at that early stage.

The prediction thread will keep me watching this year, but although it's still very early days, I can't say the changes look to have been a success so far. I don't like the new judges at all from the little I've seen of them and I've never liked Cheryl (Simon crawling up her ass calling her a triple threat was crineworthingly deluded).

Plus I miss Louis :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Yeah I was bemused myself with the opening act being a joke. I don't know why they feel they have to keep giving us that kind of "entertainment". I left the room when she and that double act were on as I just have no interest.

I enjoyed the episode when they, you know, actually focused on the people who could sing. But even then they had to tac on some BS about song choice and nerves (I'm sorry, Louisa was excellent and even more so for a 17 year old, but I don't believe she had bad nerves like they suggested for one second given how effortlessly she began).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Watched a bit. Really miss Dermot and Louis, it's not the same, for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Felt so bad for Olly's friend, he had a good voice, just no stage presence. Can't believe they put the first one through but not him.

I hate Caroline Flack, just something about her.

I also really miss Dermot, it's not the same without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I've caught up on this now. Well nearly. I've only seen a bit of xtra factor & all of X factor. I must watch very little of tv3 & itv because I didn't even know the first night was last night till I read about the bad viewing figures in the news.

Really disappointed that it's back to big live auditions! I wish lulu was there because much and all as he wasn't great, he was fun. I like Rita Ora, so far I can't make up my mind on Grimshaw. I've liked him when I saw him on other shows. I know he cleaned up his mad party life after the Geldof girl died. He was great pals with her.

The two presenting the xtra factor aren't awful. Likeable.

Hopefully this show is better this evening...... time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That Uptown Funk rendition was pretty shít imo.

What's with some acts getting a full set up for their audition this year? (dancers etc.)

callaway92 wrote: »

What's with some acts getting a full set up for their audition this year? (dancers etc.)

One of the changes they announced this year; apparantly any act can now bring a dancing entourage with them if they wish.

That performance just made me want to watch Fleur East's version again....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

callaway92 wrote: »

Very average, unless your really crap it's impossible to do a bad version of uptown funk.
    Acts are allowed dancers and as we saw video additions this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The First Kings sounded like they were singing with a backing track eg a vocal backing track as opposed to a musical backing track. Even with that I thought they were adverse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

18 mins in and there only in to the 2nd act. Lots of change I see...

18 mins in and there only in to the 2nd act. Lots of change I see...

When you have 17 adverts to get through, it's hard to shoehorn in many acts.

Two episodes in and the girl's category is already looking like the one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lulu and Dermot are missed big time, there is no fun banter or chemistry among the judges

That's the most American Australian accent I've ever heard :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I think Freddie would like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,321 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He sang very very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

What right has Nick Grimshaw to tell anybody they can't sing? Are the judges line ups just chosen from the current flavour of the months in celeb mags?

Someone a bit different at last! And taking on a Queen song as well....not an easy task.

I hope he does as well in the second round. This show needs an Adam Lambert type artist badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Its very Meh and i didnt get Seann.Very average.

• Advertisement

I like this

Simon getting choked up over the death of his mum there :(

Simon getting choked up over the death of his mum there :(

was just about to post same

I'm crying myself now!

don't hug her too
    hard. She might break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sobbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm in floods...!!! Was in tears before any of them were - he's brilliant, a really emotional singer. Really hope he goes all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Really liked that last guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Finally a genuine singer and not someone putting on an act, he was terrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Advertisement