Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Didn't they say as much in their VT intro though? They said they'd performed all over the world or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yea that was obvious. They hardly flew all the way from the Philippines on a whim on a chance they might only get through.

Simon Cowell paid for them to fly over. The xfactor producers round up talent every year and ask them to audition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

fr336 wrote: »
    You could say that technically he had the girls in 2006 when he had the '16-24s' and Leona Lewis won it for him :p

https://twitter.com/SimonCowell/status/638070416133722114

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Yeah I was bemused myself with the opening act being a joke. I don't know why they feel they have to keep giving us that kind of "entertainment". I left the room when she and that double act were on as I just have no interest.

I think this is a good time to tweak a quote from The Running Man for the first time this series... :o:o:D;)

"You look píssed. Believe me, you have every right to be. But hey, will you just let me explain? This is television, that's all it is. It's got nothing to do with people, it's to do with the ratings. For sixty years, we've told 'em what to eat, what to drink, what to wear. For Christ's sake, don't you understand? Brits love television! They wean their kids on it! Listen, they love game shows, they love singing, they love young people and they love drama. So what do we do? We give 'em what they want! We're number one, that's all that counts! Believe me, I've been in the business thirty years!"

• Advertisement

Sounds like that's one movie I need to see. After catching up on 1D, naturally ;) :eek:

Ratings are in and X Factor is now down to 5.9 million in the UK. Awful, awful audience figures. This show is dying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

fr336 wrote: »
    Ratings are in and X Factor is now down to 5.9 million in the UK. Awful, awful audience figures. This show is dying.

It was bank holiday weekend in UK though plus last weekend before school term so lots of people away. Next weekends figures will be more telling.

That said I do think the standard is very high so far, particularly liked Sean the Australian, he reminds me a bit of Adam Lambert who I lovedvon American Idol. I think we could be in for some great live shows.

It was bank holiday weekend in UK though plus last weekend before school term so lots of people away. Next weekends figures will be more telling.

Do these things not happen every year? :P Hasn't stopped XF in previous years, or indeed the huge ratings hit Great British Bake Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'd love it if Simon brought Louis back as his guest judge for Judges Houses rather then Sinitta.

There are rumours going around that Simon is going to ask Tom Jones to do judges houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

kitten_k wrote: »
    There are rumours going around that Simon is going to ask Tom Jones to do judges houses.

oh for Gods sake :rolleyes: (I'm not directing that at you by the way, just think it's ridiculous!)

It's like he is trying to get one over on The Voice by having Rita and Tom.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,281 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simon should get rid of Cheryl or Rihora and bring back Lulu Walsh

Anyone else miss the theme tune at the start?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

D'ya think we should start a petition Liz?

D'ya think we should start a petition Liz?

Yes we should :p

Yes we should :p

I'm on it ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Cheryl looks a little lost in this series. It's a pity, I used to look at her the way I look at Rita now. Funny how she's lost that appeal in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm not a fan of Rita and didn't like her on The Voice, too full of crap for my liking. Def liking Olly though but miss Dermot :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Just watched the two episodes there from the weekend. Simon is still missing his mean streak, but that's not new. I was cringing at Cheryl a lot, she seemed to be trying way too hard. Rita was ok, didn't see much of Nick at all, he seemed quite dull. I wish Olly was the solo host, but too early really to judge the hosts.

Definitely missed Louis and Dermot. In the grand scheme of things, nothing had changed though. The new judging panel adds nothing to the format.

A few very good acts however.

I don't think I'll be pushed on making sure I see as many shows live as they air this year as I usually am. Just...meh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

What's new pussycat? :o:o :rolleyes: :D;)

I don't think there is anyone here who doesn't want Louis back. :D:D

The only problem is... up to now, male judges have always replaced male judges, and female judges have always been replaced by female judges. :o;)

2008: Sharon was replaced by Cheryl.
    2011: Gary replaced Simon; Cheryl and Dannii were replaced by Tulisa and Kelly.
    2012: Kelly was replaced by Nicole.
    2013: Tulisa was replaced by Sharon.
    2014: Simon replaced Gary; Sharon and Nicole were replaced by Cheryl and Mel B (and, of course, Mel B was replaced for part of the final by Tulisa).
    2015: Nick replaced Louis; Mel B was replaced by Rita.

At this stage of the show's life, Simon will almost certainly stay on the panel to the bitter end - so if he were to bring Louis back, then in all likelihood Nick would be handing his seat back.

I can't see him stabbing Cheryl in the back again, either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

To be honest im not loving it this year.It seems very lacklustre.You really miss Dermot but i think Olly would be better on his own.I dont think he gels with Caroline now they have to be a bit more serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I think I'm going to wait till the judges houses before I watch it again.
    This might be the year I finally get into strictly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

It is decided already, I thought you could vote :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It is decided already, I thought you could vote :confused:

Voting ended this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Glad to see little miss Cheryl landed with the groups, for to many years she was "above" taking the overs or groups.

I would of liked Simon to get boys and Nick the overs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Nick getting the olders would have been brilliant. Why couldn't the voters understand irony. :pac:

Advertisement