Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

If Charlie hosted the Xtra Factor on his own, it would be an absolute riot. :D:D;);)

In all likelihood, though, if the show does return then I can see Rylan Clark hosting it. After all, he was fairly strongly rumoured to be hosting at least a few episodes of last year's series - even after Sarah-Jane's appointment was confirmed...

It's possible, too, that Simon may even dispense with different hosts and instead have Olly and Caroline presenting both shows. In which case, they'd become the first presenters to return to Xtra after having left it - plus Caroline would become the outright longest-running Xtra host.

(Though who still remembers when Ben Shephard hosted it? :o:D)

ben_shephard_2006_11_25.jpg

For a JUDGING role?!? :eek: :eek:

Why not the Xtra role - seeing as Sarah-Jane presents on Radio 1's sister station?

Yes,presenter of the Xtra Factor would make more sense for Nick Grimshaw than a judging role.
    But as you say,it may not return at all & I don't think it would be any real loss. It's definitely run out of steam. The last few years,I haven't bothered with it much & if I did,I just watched the Judges Calls bit at the start. Maybe if they just had a phone-in section at the end of the regular show for viewer reactions & questions it would suffice. The rest was just pointless panto imo.

Having said that,if it is Nick Grimshaw I will watch it coz I LOVE him........sigh........ :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

...Actually, with all the upheaval, will the Xtra Factor itself even return?!

For me, xtra factor could be turned into a 15 minute show. Only reason I tune into it is for the judges questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    For me, xtra factor could be turned into a 15 minute show. Only reason I tune into it is for the judges questions.

The questions always seem too nice, as in callers sucks up to the judges which I hate

In other news Shayne Ward is coming into Coronation Street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

hmmm might get me to watch again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

fr336 wrote: »
    It is 9 years since Ben Shephard was on Xtra Factor. 9 years. Let's just let that sink in a bit. :eek:

Back then...

- Tony Blair was Prime Minister.

- Katy Perry and Adele hadn't yet become massive.

- Twitter also hadn't yet become massive.

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows hadn't yet been published.

- Pluto had only just been demoted.

- The England team still featured Michael Owen and Sol Campbell.

- Lewis Hamilton hadn't yet made his Formula 1 debut.

- Grandstand and Grange Hill were still on the airwaves, while Gavin & Stacey and The Sarah-Jane Adventures hadn't reached them yet - and nor, for that matter, had BGT.

And, of course, Kate Thornton was hosting the main show, and Dermot was still best known for hosting Big Brother's Little Brother.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Back then...

- Grandstand and Grange Hill were still on the airwaves, while Gavin & Stacey and The Sarah-Jane Adventures hadn't reached them yet - and nor, for that matter, had BGT.

And, of course, Kate Thornton was hosting the main show, and Dermot was still best known for hosting Big Brother's Little Brother.

Aaaaaaaaand now I feel old as fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Brendão wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaand now I feel old as fcuk!

Not as old as Louis Walsh though.

Admittedly I've seen less than a minute of footage :D but I'm beginning to think Olly and Caroline are a potential - potential - disaster zone. Olly's putting on this posh voice and after a while of being taken in by their little act on ITV2 I just saw it as fake tbh. There is real chemistry e.g. Ant and Dec and produced, immature chemistry. I think I underestimated how easy Dermot made it look. Still, style over substance counts for a lot in these One Direction fuelled days so...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Can't wait to see him on Strictly

• Advertisement

Can't wait to see him on Strictly

I'd love to see him dancing a jig on SCD :p

I'd love to see him dancing a jig on SCD :p

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/former-x-factor-judge-louis-5692692

You can never take him seriously though, who knows. I doubt Simon would approve it given his big relaunch this year :p

Westlife definitely got some inspiration from that.

Just came across this interview with Gamu Nhengu. I think it's well worth a read.

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/music/x-factor-star-gamu-nhengu-on-her-debut-single-1-2894055

And here is her debut single. :)

How many people remember Amelia Lily? Really underrated during and after the show if you ask me...so was this song (admittedly it may remind me a little of a good period of time with an ex but that's besides the point :p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvpeBPxyZAY

Lulu has started a war of words again with Cheryl, maybe he thinks this publicity will get him his job back with Simon :p

Lulu has started a war of words again with Cheryl, maybe he thinks this publicity will get him his job back with Simon :p

He must find it easy work getting into a war of words with Princess Cheryl though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Back then...

This post doe. . . . . :mad:

• Advertisement

Room auditions axed. Again.

Simon Cowell is reportedly offering Rita Ora everything but the kitchen sink to persuade her to ditch The Voice and become a judge on The X Factor
    courtesy of Yahoo

courtesy of Yahoo

I think she'd be ok and this would be a much better fit for her than The Voice. Nick Grimshaw on the other hand...YUCK. Pretty sure he will be doing it though. Cheryl will look like a nobody alongside the three of them, if she's there she'll probably be gone next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I think she'd be ok and this would be a much better fit for her than The Voice. Nick Grimshaw on the other hand...YUCK. Pretty sure he will be doing it though. Cheryl will look like a nobody alongside the three of them, if she's there she'll probably be gone next year.

Yeah I agree, Rita Ora came across well on the The Voice though I had a dislike of her before hand. She's good, I changed my mind completely. Nick Grimshaw could be the same, I don't really like him from the very little I've seen of him, but he's hugely popular and has fantastic contacts so maybe like Rita, he'll be okay on the night.

Simon Cowell is reportedly offering Rita Ora everything but the kitchen sink to persuade her to ditch The Voice and become a judge on The X Factor
    courtesy of Yahoo

...I'm fairly sure this is old news. :o:o:o;)

In any case, the tabloids and gossip sites are utterly, utterly convinced that Rita is indeed leaving The Voice for XF. It's almost like they want her to, and very little will stop them from getting their way... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Still can't quite understand why Nick would be considered for a judge's role and not for a presenting role, though.

And I have to admit... I'm still not fully convinced that Louis has left. :o:o:o;)

...I'm fairly sure this is old news. :o:o:o;)

In any case, the tabloids and gossip sites are utterly, utterly convinced that Rita is indeed leaving The Voice for XF. It's almost like they want her to, and very little will stop them from getting their way... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Still can't quite understand why Nick would be considered for a judge's role and not for a presenting role, though.

And I have to admit... I'm still not fully convinced that Louis has left. :o:o:o;)

Me either, I think if Simon cant get anyone Lulu will be back

Rita Ora tries to hard to be Rihanna

Yeah I agree, Rita Ora came across well on the The Voice though I had a dislike of her before hand. She's good, I changed my mind completely. Nick Grimshaw could be the same, I don't really like him from the very little I've seen of him, but he's hugely popular and has fantastic contacts so maybe like Rita, he'll be okay on the night.

Not according to his Radio 1 listening figures don't always believe PR :P The more X Factor has tried hard to be young and trendy, the more their ratings have gone down - a lot of the youth see right through it, and it alientates the wider family audience.

He'll be 'sacked' until live shows then come back after Simon has a "I genuinely have never been this angry, I'm quitting the show forever...hell I quit the world" tantrum.

Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw CONFIRMED

God have mercy

• Advertisement

Rita Ora ok but jesus what do you say about Nick Grimshaw? Thoroughly unlikeable individual to me, and pigeonholed in everywhere until people like him. I mean just what's the deal does he have some potion that's making him order of the day? He's 'in' with Rita, 'in' with Cowell, 'in' with Flack, 'in' with Chris Evans...you just can't escape him. This is the first ever year I'll literally have to avoid the vast majority if not all of X Factor, really don't like this guy!

I hope Strictly batter it with Louis Walsh in a starring role ;)

Advertisement