Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Divorce

• 10-03-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All
    I am attempting to do my own divorce, using a DIY divorce company, and all seems to be going ok. I have gotten a date for county registrar in April and I am just wondering what happens (what to expect) at this stage?

Any advice greatly appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

You will presumably be going be to a court to see the Registrar. It is not usually a private meeting but in the court with other people there to see the registrar also. Your name will be called and if he/she has questions for you, you will probably have to walk up to them at top of the room and provide the information. The 2 people should be there if possible and you should have a copy of your marriage cert with you. They could at this stage give you a date for the divorce hearing if they have all the information they need from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 guest1980

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know is it just in the office in the courthouse or does it actually go to court. All very new to me :-(

Advertisement