Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarkson suspended from BBC

Options
  • 10-03-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,521 ✭✭✭

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC over 'fracas' with producer

http://gu.com/p/46gv2

A BBC spokeswoman said: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

“No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

And on that bombshell. .......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Big Nasty wrote: »
    And on that bombshell. .......

......Not back to the studio!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

At last!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

He really has the iq of a donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Top Gear is usually recorded on a Tuesday, hopefully this isn't some PC crowd or overbearing health and safety nonsense. Why can't May and Hammond just do it on their own, unless they siding with Jeremy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I know the Bbc are really damn stupid, but surely they aren't stupid enough to sack him?

England would fall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

He really has the iq of a donkey.

Actually, he really doesn't. He's a master of controversy, and quite an insightful and powerful presenter when he wants to be. As for this situation, I'd say Clarkson is pretty much invincible in the BBC as long as the viewers are there, and that this 'last warning' nonsense is just that, a nonsense token to appease his critics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

He'll be back in time for the next Top Gear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What is Piers Morgan up to these days? You know, if they're going shopping for a new host ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Top Gear is usually recorded on a Tuesday, hopefully this isn't some PC crowd or overbearing health and safety nonsense. Why can't May and Hammond just do it on their own, unless they siding with Jeremy

The part before an audience is recorded on a Tuesday, but Clarkson would have been in the prerecorded pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

bnt wrote: »
    What is Piers Morgan up to these days? You know, if they're going shopping for a new host ... :eek:

I'm getting ads on this page for the Russell Brand podcast. It's a sign! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    Uh-oh: Piers seems to be thinking along the same lines:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Probably bound to happen. Suppose one unwritten rule of TV is that what the producer says flies, or else.

An 'oh cock' moment, or another publicity stunt? Seems unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Is Jezzer finished or a publicity stunt:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

They fairly threw him under the bus on the BBC news at 10 I'd say he's out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Didn't see the TV bulletin, but they're not being OTT on Radio 4. They're talking to the guy who voices Clarkson when the show is shown in Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Apparently the producer in question is from Carrickmacross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I was enjoying Top Gear this season, I went off it a bit over the last few seasons, Wouldn't have cared last year but gonna miss it now if it doesn't air Sunday.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

The Mirror is reporting that this is a row about no food being available at the end of a day of filming.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jeremy-clarkson-suspended-producer-top-5309060

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

Publicity stunt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

i know he can be a bit over the top but if the bbc sack him im sure itv will snap him up in a second . if the other to follow him then the bbc will be making a huge error. top gear is sold nearly everywhere in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

He was on a final warning if he made another offensive remark.

This involves something else, namely a fight with his own staff.

I think they'll let him away with it, TG is such a big draw. Have to agree with dickwod1 above, I thought this year was a big improvement on the past few years, though overall it seems to be running out of energy.

The final programmes will be broadcast at some stage after the dust dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

This eventually had to happen as he is out of control & is so arrogant that he thinks he's some sort of untouchable legend.
    What's shocks me though is that over 150,000 people have already signed a petition to get him reinstated.
    It's a very disturbing picture of the British psyche that this right wing bigot is so popular there.
    Condoning the behavior of this obnoxious aggressive bigot sends out a message to people that they can be like that & get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I was enjoying Top Gear this season, I went off it a bit over the last few seasons, Wouldn't have cared last year but gonna miss it now if it doesn't air Sunday.

same here, the very season its good ..this happens:(

clarkson!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm going to have a very disappointed 11-year-old who's been talking about the potential La Ferrari showdown for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ellen OG

My BF is so upset over Clarkson getting sacked... He says it will never be the same again x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

He's not sacked & Top Gear will be back soon. If BBC have a brain that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Clarkson told reporters outside his London home: “I’ve been suspended, haven’t I? I’m just off to the jobcentre.” He added: “At least I’m going to be able to get to the Chelsea match tonight.”

It just gets worse and worse for Jeremy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

I don't think this the end for him though, either the BBC will sort this out, or the as is suggested in the an Irish Times article they take the whole thing under a different name to Sky. Apparently Sky have been courting the three amigos for some time and as Clarkson writes for both the Sun and Sunday Times it would make sense.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/has-clarkson-s-latest-fracas-finally-sealed-top-gear-s-fate-1.2134945

Advertisement