Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

anncoates wrote: »
    If people are going get into gushing bro love for bad asses, a gerbil-faced, adenoidal, posh twerp in stonewashed jeans that bullies work subordinates is a bit of a strange choice.

Opposite attract sure :) my man love grows stronger for him everyday that he's off the air :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

If a professional boxer throws a punch outside the ring, then yeah. For the rest of us a punch is nothing, we cant really make it count.

I know, right? Sure domestic abuse ain't no thang. Neither is falling over and hitting the back of your head off the ground after taking a punch. People who whinge about these things are a bunch of pussies.

Before you say this isn't what happened with Clarkson, you did specify that it was any punching incident by a non-boxer outside the ring. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I know, right? Sure domestic abuse ain't no thang. Neither is falling over and hitting the back of your head off the ground after taking a punch. People who whinge about these things are a bunch of pussies.

Before you say this isn't what happened with Clarkson, you did specify that it was any punching incident by a non-boxer outside the ring. ;)

Did Clarkson punch his partner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No it isn't, good grief. An assault is an assault.. If a professional boxer throws a punch outside the ring, then yeah. For the rest of us a punch is nothing, we cant really make it count. If that were the case our courts would have a backlog of decades.

So you are a ned then?

So you are a ned then?

I'd have to know what the term meant, to answer.

Did Clarkson punch his partner?

You said for the "rest of us" outside of pro-boxers, a punch is no big thing. The rest of us, not just Clarkson. So my above examples fall under the example you gave. You. :) If you'd like to elaborate, fire away, but that is what you've put forward as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

He's suspended, isn't he?

He is yes...

And who will suffer most because of this suspension? It will hardly be Clarkson, he has made his money and has a huge following that he could make a similar show elsewhere.

The BBC will inevitably lose out.

You said for the "rest of us" outside of pro-boxers, a punch is no big thing. The rest of us, not just Clarkson. So my above examples fall under the example you gave. You. :) If you'd like to elaborate, fire away, but that is what you've put forward as of now.

I'll ask once more: Did Clarkson punch someone in a domestic (home) setting?

I'd have to know what the term meant, to answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_%28Scottish%29

A skanger then

I'll ask once more: Did Clarkson punch someone in a domestic (home) setting?

Here the relevant post you made, with the salient bits highlighted:
    No it isn't, good grief. An assault is an assault.. If a professional boxer throws a punch outside the ring, then yeah. For the rest of us a punch is nothing, we cant really make it count. If that were the case our courts would have a backlog of decades.

"We". "The rest of us". As in everyone. No setting specified, no scenario specified. So any punch can be considered to fall under what you have written. Unless of course you'd like to clarify.

If you're not following, then it's easy to understand why you might defend Clarkson so vehemently, his most devoted following does seem to tend towards meatheaded.

• Advertisement

Ah! If I lost the Adidas trakkie and the sweat stained, off white tank top, no one would know..

Here the relevant post you made, with the salient bits highlighted:

"We". "The rest of us". As in everyone. No setting specified, no scenario specified. So any punch can be considered to fall under what you have written. Unless of course you'd like to clarify.

If you're not following, then it's easy to understand why you might defend Clarkson so vehemently, his most devoted following does seem to tend towards meatheaded.

Forgive me. I was of the opinion you couldn't tell the difference betwee domestic abuse and a work related punch up, in which case I would have simply given up on you.

Then again, theres still a rather large difference between a civvy who has undertaken some fight training, or a six and a half foot monster who spends his day at the gym, and a binge drinking, chain smoking, middle aged pot bellied man who literally can't run. Again, let me know if the difference is stricking you as difficult to realise without detailed explanation.

Forgive me. I was of the opinion you couldn't tell the difference betwee domestic abuse and a work related punch up, in which case I would have simply given up on you.

Then again, theres still a rather large difference between a civvy who has undertaken some fight training, or a six and a half foot monster who spends his day at the gym, and a binge drinking, chain smoking, middle aged pot bellied man who literally can't run. Again, let me know if the difference is stricking you as difficult to realise without detailed explanation.

Ahem

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=single+punch+death

unless you are now going to claim that all those were the result of a ninja trained 6 and half foot steroid gym freak

For the rest of us a punch is nothing, we cant really make it count. If that were the case our courts would have a backlog of decades.

Good to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Opposite attract sure :) my man love grows stronger for him everyday that he's off the air :(

I've got just the man for you: history of violence, eye-watering slacks and jersey combos; proven track record of putting military grade vehicles through their paces and messing with timing devices.

Again, let me know if the difference is stricking you as difficult to realise without detailed explanation.

A non-professional punch can be dangerous. It probably won't be, but can be, such as if it results in an awkward fall. This is why it is frowned upon, in any setting.

The mind boggles at people arguing that it's acceptable behaviour, especially in a workplace. :confused:

The revelation of Jeremy Clarkson's devoted following is almost as surprising as finding out how many Garth Brooks fans Ireland contains.

Ahem

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=single+punch+death

unless you are now going to claim that all those were the result of a ninja trained 6 and half foot steroid gym freak

In which case it's manslaughter. Completely different. How many punches around the world result in that? Were i a gambling man, Id wager youd win the lotto first.

I've got just the man for you: history of violence, eye-watering slacks and jersey combos; proven track record of putting military grade vehicles through their paces and messing with timing devices.

SWOOOOOOOON :o

• Advertisement

I love him too :pac::pac:

Except he didn't put him in A and E, did he? He walked in himself. Get hit hard enough in the head and try walking. Trust me, it ain't a... walk in the park...
    Now, I'm open on that one all the same I wasn't aware of it. Ive tried finding images of the facial injuries sustained and haven't had luck.

Good to know.

*Kissy face*

Get hit hard enough in the head and try walking. Trust me, it ain't a... walk in the park...

And what sort of walk was it after being dropped on your head as a child?

And what sort of walk was it after being dropped on your head as a child?

More of a commando crawl for the next few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

In which case it's manslaughter. Completely different. How many punches around the world result in that? Were i a gambling man, Id wager youd win the lotto first.

I've seen stories of it happening in Irish newspapers more than once, and theres plenty of youtube videos of it happening in different places all around the world.
    Theres usually just average Joe guys involved.

• Advertisement

More of a commando crawl for the next few weeks.

Rough time of it last night with the lads?

I've actually seen this kind of thing come up on the Irish news a good few times in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Again, Clarkson isn't sitting at his call centre desk petrified of his supervisor is he.

Sorry but not everyone is subservient to upstarts.

Is Oisin the upstart, or is it Jeremy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Should put Jeremy in the next Snickers advert...

"Jeremy have a snickers"

"Why?"

"You turn into a diva when you're hungry!"

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Should put Jeremy in the next Snickers advert...

"Jeremy have a snickers"

"Why?"

"You turn into a diva when you're hungry!"

Screw everything for a second. That really really needs to happen. My god that would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Screw everything for a second. That really really needs to happen. My god that would be brilliant.

Yeah, it was already alluded to.

Take a look at @SnickersUK's Tweet:

If it does transpire that he really did call him a lazy, Irish cnut, just watch the alacrity with which the tsunami of Irish bro love turns to pitchforks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Again, Clarkson isn't sitting at his call centre desk petrified of his supervisor is he. Sorry but not everyone is subservient to upstarts.

Do you ever visit reality from the fantasy world you're constructing in your head? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A non-professional punch can be dangerous. It probably won't be, but can be, such as if it results in an awkward fall. This is why it is frowned upon, in any setting.

I'd imagine a punch from clarkson would'nt that much of a problem, even if he managed to get the weight of his paunch behind it.

Bambi wrote: »
    Do you ever visit reality from the fantasy world you're constructing in your head? :confused:

Never :pac:

Bambi wrote: »
    I'd imagine a punch from clarkson would'nt that much of a problem, even if he managed to get the weight of his paunch behind it.

Sure the guy could have elected to kick his head in, but probably figures taking legal action is a better option. If JC really did hit him, it's probably just the last straw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's an alleged punch. Sounds more like a scuffle and a bit of pushing and shoving.
    Unless evidence of otherwise has been presented. Oh wait...it hasn't.
    Now if it turns out Jezza grabbed him by the throat and punched his fcuking face in, fair enough, you can't be doing that, no matter who you are, but how so many people are getting throbbing hard-ons by the thought of him getting fired (including the girls), you'll still have to wait for the inquiry. Still not happy? Gotta wait. Want that cnut fired? Gotta wait.
    Sadly there's this thing called "due process" which all the bleeding heart pinko lefties think is just for scumbags with 127 previous convictions, but it also applies to middle-aged, balding, fat men.

It's an alleged punch. Sounds more like a scuffle and a bit of pushing and shoving.
    Unless evidence of otherwise has been presented. Oh wait...it hasn't.

Sure don't let a little thing like evidence or facts get in the way of their salem witch trial :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Sure don't let a little thing like evidence or facts get in the way of their salem witch trial :pac:

I need a towel coming into this thread to wipe all the rabid foam dribbling onto me from fervent Clarkson haters. If he really punched him, fine, if it was a schoolyard scuffle, dry your crotch mate, it ain't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

how so many people are getting throbbing hard-ons by the thought of him getting fired

It appears to me that the ones who have the hard-ons are the dullards who have them for Diva Clarkson over him potentially being held to the same standards as everyone else. Don't like it? Tough shit lickspittle grovellers. Welcome to modernity where the laws, rules and regulations should apply to everyone equally.

• Advertisement

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Welcome to modernity where the laws, rules and regulations should apply to everyone equally.

This stuff :rolleyes: nah I don't get a massive hard on for it. Sorry.

but how so many people are getting throbbing hard-ons by the thought of him getting fired (including the girls)

Thank you for pointing this out, because nobody would ever, ever have got it if you hadn't. We would have all gone around thinking you meant real, actual hard-ons.
    which all the bleeding heart pinko lefties

This is gold. :D

Duuurrrrrrrr.

There's 2 types of people in this world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI

Those who get this video and those who don't :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Karl Stein wrote: »
    It appears to me that the ones who have the hard-ons are the dullards who have them for Diva Clarkson over him potentially being held to the same standards as everyone else. Don't like it? Tough shit lickspittle grovellers. Welcome to modernity where the laws, rules and regulations should apply to everyone equally.

Sounds like your both willy waving tbh. Get a room.

There's 2 types of people in this world...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI

Those who get this video and those who don't :D:D

If that had been a rick-roll I would have had to punch your face in and demand a steak.

Sounds like your both willy waving tbh. Get a room.

I don't need to wave my willy and you're an awful commentator on something you naively view as a zero-sum-game.

Bless.
    This stuff :rolleyes: nah I don't get a massive hard on for it. Sorry.

You will be held to the same standards as everyone else just like your super-hero diva.

Welcome to planet Earth, enjoy your stay.

Oh look, someone learned a new phrase today :rolleyes:.

I view this as the bbc and the media making a mountain out of a molehill and as for this thread, both extremes are acting like packs of big babies.

This thread reminds me of a theory I came to a while ago whilst I watched a gaming youtube video. I viewed the comments/interaction part with the creator of the video. A woman came on and said her son liked the videos and demanded that the guy who makes the videos stopped using bad language so she could allow her son to continue his enjoyment. :pac:

Firstly if he stopped using bad language, maybe her son would stop enjoying the videos? Does this dawn on her? Nah.

It seems today people are too used to thinking they've an influence through pathetic mediums like Facebook etc.

They also seem to think, like this woman, that people who create their own brand of entertainment, Clarkson for example, should stop and conform to their idea of what that entertainment should be.

It's baffling and absurd that people have a mindset like that. Is it PC culture or is there some other cultural phenomenon at work.

as for this thread, both extremes are acting like packs of big babies.

Fail.

There is only one extreme side and the fact that you've appointed yourself as a referee only displays that Clarkson fanboys are the extreme ones. Your being 'thanked' by someone who believes that slapping someone for not having his hot dinner ready is only underscores the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Clarkson is going to join UKIP and try to become the Ronald Regan of the engerland empire

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Advertisement