Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeremy Clarkson suspended

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

As for A&E where else do you go at 10pm?

Tesco for a pack of frozen peas. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Did Frada run over your dog?

He's got a strange obsession with me. Very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

God, Micheal McIntyre is an unfunny cnut.

*has fracas with dr.fuzzenstein*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

His energy is definitely not for everyone. I do enjoy him though. I found his roadshow grand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Unlike Stewart he was actually quite funny there.

Clarkson has totally changed his accent, huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

So basically Clarkson assaulted someone in work and people are saying he shouldn't be suspended i.e they're operating on the presumption that if you're good at your job you shouldn't be fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Would have to agree.

Painfully unfunny cater to the masses bull....

Has made and will make further fortune though.

Reminds me of that English "comedian" Peter Kay everyone seems to love. Just boring drivel.

But again he's rich and I'm not so who's laughing eh.

Personally I rather the likes Milton Jones, Jack Dee, Frankie Boyle, Dara O Brian but each to their own.

Oh and back on topic if the Beeb do suspend clarkson that's the end of top gear ratings wise in the long term imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Oh and back on topic if the Beeb do suspend clarkson that's the end of top gear ratings wise in the long term imo.

If?? They suspended him 4 days ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Fluck you Clarkson.

No I will have to watch dance moms or some other crap with the missus on Sunday night.

Asshat.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    So basically Clarkson assaulted someone in work and people are saying he shouldn't be suspended i.e they're operating on the presumption that if you're good at your job you shouldn't be fired.

That's the world we live in.

You bring in the big bucks, you get to get away with anything… maybe even murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some of the posts on here remind me of the infamous Garth Brooks thread where diehard fanboys thought King Garth should be allowed to run roughshod over the laws of the land.

I like Clarkson too but at the end of the day if you hit someone at work, no matter who you are, you can expect to get fired. The fact Clarkson is in the pay of public money makes his position even more untenable
    mad muffin wrote: »

You bring in the big bucks, you get to get away with anything… maybe even murder.

Thats the problem for the Beeb now. If they cut him loose then they're going to lose some serious wedge of cash. But if they don't cut him loose then whats to stop the next person who hits a collegaue from claiming the Jeremy Clarkson defence. Also if they let him stay on and offer a new contract they're essentially admitting that Clarkson is bigger than the BBC itself. On top of that I get the feeling that if he is let stay he is likely to land them in hot water yet again, no matter how sincere his apology the powers that be will know well that give him enough time (and enough drink) then he's likely to do something else down the line. Probably better they just cut their losses now.

For Top Gear fans I doubt this will be the last we see of the three lads. No doubt Amercan networks are lining up to sign them such are the sales from DVDs, magazines, etc globally. The new incarnation may not be called Top Gear but it'll still involve the three lads driving supercars through foreign lands and all the other jazz.

Did he physically assault the man? I'm sure he just gave him a verbal bollocking.

Clarkson doesn't strike me as a man who resorts to physical violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

Did he physically assault the man? I'm sure he just gave him a verbal bollocking.

He has form.

Incidentally, I think the show is becoming The Last of the Summer Wine + cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Ask Piers Morgan

Ask Piers Morgan

Well. Then it's no more then stomping on a cockroach.

did you read anything about the story?

did you read anything about the story?

Just bits and bobs. There was no mention of a physical smack down.

Just bits and bobs. There was no mention of a physical smack down.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94679383&postcount=720

• Advertisement

The producer must've told him, Yorkies are for girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

If you are a big enough celebrity you could kill two women with your car, get off with a fine of £175 and still go on do to car commercials without a hint of irony.

If you are a big enough celebrity you could kill two women with your car, get off with a fine of £175 and still go on do to car commercials without a hint of irony.

Exactly. This is faux outrage. We are fully ensconced in the cult of the celebrity.

Tbf his defenders dispute the assault. Certainly he should go if he hit someone.

Is that a reference to something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Is that a reference to something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Dear Jesus that's disgusting. As far as I remember he killed two people in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,725 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ask Piers Morgan

Ah 5 minutes in a room and the pope would want to slap that gob****e :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

It would damage the top line of the BBC's P&L but Clarkson can't act with impunity, despite his fame. He's not a complete petrolhead oaf but he clearly has difficulty in knowing where the line is.

If the BBC wants to maintain credibility they have to cut him loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Dear Jesus that's disgusting. As far as I remember he killed two people in Ireland.

Simply stop buying Honda cars in Irleand, this should give them a hint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

There cannot be Top Gear without him. Sack the producer, problem solved :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In an accident. OK yea doing a car commercial was more than a little "unwise", more like crass.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Aidric wrote: »
    It would damage the top line of the BBC's P&L but Clarkson can't act with impunity, despite his fame. He's not a complete petrolhead oaf but he clearly has difficulty in knowing where the line is.

If the BBC wants to maintain credibility they have to cut him loose.
    Nail on the head, all of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

so no more Topgear?? :(

what am i going to do now to fill the vacuum in my dull dreary existence??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

philstar wrote: »

Recreate your own version by driving around with two friends shouting racist abuse at people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Wibbs wrote: »
    In an accident. OK yea doing a car commercial was more than a little "unwise", more like crass.

An accident? He was in the wrong lane wasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

philstar wrote: »

Watch the repeats on BBC 3.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj59/broadcasts/upcoming

An accident? He was in the wrong lane wasn't he?

It was hardly deliberate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

I could understand all this fuss if it wasn't for the fact that chap only presents a show about .... cars ! CARS ! Like that's really IMPORTANT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

One of the English Sunday papers has a shocker of a headline

"BBC BOSS: CLARKSON LIKE SAVILE."

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

He has shown how much of an egotistical dickhead he is with this incident. Hope the BBC cut him loose.

Hes obviously so far up his own hole he thinks he can do whatever the **** he likes just because he has made a tainted living off presenting a show about luxury cars but punching a producer unprevoked and stereotyping him as "lazy irish" over a meal is really crossing the line.

If I was that producer, he would have been grabbed by the scruff of the neck and dragged out of the premises before being strongly "encouraged" to remove his head from his hole and replace it with his £21.95 steak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Miall108 wrote: »
    If I was that producer, he would have been grabbed by the scruff of the neck and dragged out of the premises before being strongly "encouraged" to remove his head from his hole and replace it with his £21.95 steak

No he wouldn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭keanosbeard

Dolly Parton once said; " It takes a whole lot of money to look this cheap "

Rowan Atkinson's genius is Mr Bean. But the person Rowan Atkinson himself is a complete mystery to people.

Katie Price became " Jordan "

Madonna is still getting headlines approaching 60.

Kim Kardashian s*cked a rappers c*ck and had given her whole family a career off the back of it,

Clarkson is an excellent journalist and a very clever man, despite the " Buffoon Act ". The fact he can arouse such interest and controversy is a tribute to the " Character " he has created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Can anyone else see Clarkson doing something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Dear Jesus that's disgusting.

Disgusting..? I don't get it? He was involved in a serious car accident 20 odd years ago - nothing deliberate about it :confused:

I can't for the life of me understand why you are so offended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Miall108

testicle wrote: »
    No he wouldn't...

Dunno about you but Id actually enjoy bringing a stuck up clown like that down a peg or two

Or maybe you wouldnt have the "balls" to do it(see what I did there) or you're just one of those Clarkson apologists. Either way he would have deserved a bit of sense being knocked into him after acting the prick to that extent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I don't get the anger at Clarkson for calling the producer a lazy Irish whatever. It's hardly racist. It's actually probably factual. I mean he is Irish and may have been lazy.

If he had called him a lazy paddy potato farmer I would say fair enough. But I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist for him calling somebody a lazy Irish whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,644 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Tzardine wrote: »
    I don't get the anger at Clarkson for calling the producer a lazy Irish whatever. It's hardly racist. It's actually probably factual. I mean he is Irish and may have been lazy.

If he had called him a lazy paddy potato farmer I would say fair enough. But I don't see why people are getting their knickers in a twist for him calling somebody a lazy Irish whatever.

When you mention someone's nationality or race as part of an overall insult them it's fair to say it's a racist put down. Stack that with the fact that clarksun has a frequent history on screen if being blatantly racist. I'd be sure it was intended as a slur.

The show in it's current lineup and probably format has long since run it's time. It's got old, predictable and repetitive. I've no doubt but he'll be cut loose from the show, possibly the BBC altogether. But I expect he'll not go short if a bob and some of the other stations will pick him up.

If he weren't so racist I'd probably consider him a good presenter but this one aspect is disgusting in an individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

_Brian wrote: »
    When you mention someone's nationality or race as part of an overall insult them it's fair to say it's a racist put down. Stack that with the fact that clarksun has a frequent history on screen if being blatantly racist. I'd be sure it was intended as a slur.

The show in it's current lineup and probably format has long since run it's time. It's got old, predictable and repetitive. I've no doubt but he'll be cut loose from the show, possibly the BBC altogether. But I expect he'll not go short if a bob and some of the other stations will pick him up.

If he weren't so racist I'd probably consider him a good presenter but this one aspect is disgusting in an individual.

Try not to be so impressionable and naive son. Seriously are you afraid your kids are going to drown in the rain or what?

It's called humour fella, they're not slurs when used in this context, for instance do you cry racist when an Irish chap is referred to as a Paddy or an Italian paisan is referred to as a greaseball?

Lighten up a bit and you might live longer son, it's all in jest around here.

colossus-x wrote: »
    I could understand all this fuss if it wasn't for the fact that chap only presents a show about .... cars ! CARS ! Like that's really IMPORTANT.

Yes, we should be talking about something really important like football. ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement