Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing phone call claiming to be Eircom Technical Support

Options
  • 10-03-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Just got a phishing call with caller id 001-9985 from an call center claiming to be 'Eircom Technical Support'.  The individual said that they regret to tell me that my service is about to be cut off but hung up when they realized I was onto them. I assume the next step was to ask me for payment to keep service on.

Anyway just thought you should know as I cannot find anywhere on Eircom website to report.

Call was at 5:11pm on 10/3/2015

The caller had what sounded like an Indian accent.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

I've received many phone calls from Indians claiming to be from Microsoft.

Do they really think we are the stupid race?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The elderly and/or non-technical could fall for that very easily. 

Sad but true, otherwise these scammers would have stopped years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Just got a phishing call with caller id 001-9985 from an call center claiming to be 'Eircom Technical Support'.  The individual said that they regret to tell me that my service is about to be cut off but hung up when they realized I was onto them. I assume the next step was to ask me for payment to keep service on.

Anyway just thought you should know as I cannot find anywhere on Eircom website to report.

Call was at 5:11pm on 10/3/2015

The caller had what sounded like an Indian accent.
    Hi BailMeOut

I can fully understand the level of concern such calls can create and I can also understand that clarification surrounding such calls can help.

I can confirm that eircom have a malicious calls bureau which can be contacted on 1800689689 should you wish to make further contact regarding the call you received – I do recommend contacting them as they will be able to offer clarification if not support.

More details can also be found here: http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-phising-alert-March-05-2014/td-p/63021

Thanks

Al

Advertisement