Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulking up

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I did say it was an extreme example but the fact is no 2 people share the same genetics.
    Bf% is the best measurement not weight!

Waist size has a correlation to bodyfat % and weight has a correlation to amount of muscle on ones frame

Its my belief from the research I have done that if you take a man of equal height weight and waist size that they will look pretty much identical bodyfat and size wise.

i also believe that any guy at 6 ft tall thats lean enough to have a 32 inch waist wont weigh any more than 14.5 stone, unless he is on drugs or one of a very small few of genetically gifted indivduals

I very much doubt the guy I responded to who is 6ft tall and 15 stone has a 32 inch waist, its probably 36 inches and if he were to focus on fatloss and lose 3-4 inches off his waist and maintain the muscle he has the ratio between shoulder circumfrance to waist would make him look much better

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Waist size has a correlation to bodyfat % and weight has a correlation to amount of muscle on ones frame

Its my belief from the research I have done that if you take a man of equal height weight and waist size that they will look pretty much identical bodyfat and size wise.

i also believe that any guy at 6 ft tall thats lean enough to have a 32 inch waist wont weigh any more than 14.5 stone, unless he is on drugs or one of a very small few of genetically gifted indivduals

I very much doubt the guy I responded to who is 6ft tall and 15 stone has a 32 inch waist, its probably 36 inches and if he were to focus on fatloss and lose 3-4 inches off his waist and maintain the muscle he has the ratio between shoulder circumfrance to waist would make him look much better

34 inch waist...never bigger than that

34 inch waist...never bigger than that

When u say 34 , is that jeans size or are you measuring around your belly button fully relaxed ?

At 6ft tall and a 34 inch waist I believe you still have fat to lose

If you maintained your shoulder size but cut waist to 32 you would look unreal

You would have a much better V taper

My advice is to buy yourself a myotape

Measure the circumfirance across your upper chest and around your back at shoulders at there widest point an do the same around waist at navel fully relaxed , if your well muscled you will have a circumfrance of at least 1.6 around your upper body however bare in mind when your waist measurement goes down your upper circumfrance may go down also because you wll be losing fat from you back chest and shoulders also but it wont eb to the same degree

This podcast is worth a listen to, the program is American/candaian but this is a guy from Ireland that did it

http://www.adonisindex.com/getting-real-results-interview-with-thomas-power/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've been reading a bit about fat free mass index. And studies on pre steroid era outbuildings suggest that natural lifter maxes out at a FFMI of 26.
    Steve Reeves was 215lbs, 6'1, 30", FFMI of just under 26. And he'd represent the pinnacle of genetically gifted.

Which backs up what you are saying. Even if the op's size at a low BF is just about achievable, it's far far more likely that there's bf to lose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement