Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1200 to upgrad my pc

Options
  • 10-03-2015 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

gonna upgrade to devils canyon and wondered what you thought.

Harvesting a crucial 256gb ssd, 2tb WD Cavair Black HDD, sound blaster z, 16gb Corsair Vengance Ram and Corsair RM 650watt Psu. Dell U24 1080p monitor.

Gaming, Music creation and photoshop etc

GTA V, Shadow of Mordor, FarCry 3 and 4, SimCity Civ V and Tropico are the games planned and current

Planning to build around the Nzxt h440 in Red/black. Windows 8.1 required.

Any Suggestions? Gigabyte z77x-d3h, Core i5 3570k, HD 7850 in a Bitfenix Shinobi Case Are the current components I have which I will be selling afterward.

Love to hear your thoughts, I know some may say to stick with the core i5 I have but what I build now will do for another 3-5 yrs with a graphics upgrade inbetween. last build was done in 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Love to hear your thoughts, I know some may say to stick with the core i5 I have.

Are struggling with any programs or apps as yet?

Its not a huge upgrade, i would probably wait for Skylake, rumoured to be out at the end of this year, with new socket etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Are struggling with any programs or apps as yet?

Its not a huge upgrade, i would probably wait for Skylake, rumoured to be out at the end of this year, with new socket etc.

Not struggling really, large photoshop files push it a bit alright, newer games beginning to push the gfx card too. Would like to play gta v on high at least when it comes out. I know something like the gtx970 would help especially at 1080p.

Interested in a Dac and or also an external sound card for music creation/recording so i was interests in the newer mobos that deliver a stable 5volts from one or 2 usb slots

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Also, I have funds now that I may not have in a few months, opportunity may not be there (kids etc) hence the interest now. The benefits of usb 3.1 if any can be garnered from an add in card, I know msi and asus have planned these or already have them ready to go much like asus already have the thunderbolt pcie card so I'm not worried about waiting for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Also, I have funds now that I may not have in a few months, opportunity may not be there (kids etc) hence the interest now. The benefits of usb 3.1 if any can be garnered from an add in card, I know msi and asus have planned these or already have them ready to go much like asus already have the thunderbolt pcie card so I'm not worried about waiting for that

Its not the usb id be waiting for mate that,will take a couple years to filter down to a thumb drive and that type of thing but if reports are to be believed the new range of processors from Intel are going to be a big step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd definitely say stick with your current setup. Buy a 970/290x or wait for the 300 series in the coming months and that should do you another few years yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'd definitely say stick with your current setup. Buy a 970/290x or wait for the 300 series in the coming months and that should do you another few years yet!

this

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Yeah, that's good advice. Maybe upgrade your RAM if that's limiting you in photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

Got the same question as the original

My specs are as follows:

3GB XFX HD7950
    i5 3570K i5 ivybridge @ 3.4ghz
    8GB Cursair ram
    Cursair 500w PSU

Any suggestions or ideas as to an upgrade would be extremely appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Got the same question as the original

My specs are as follows:

3GB XFX HD7950
    i5 3570K i5 ivybridge @ 3.4ghz
    8GB Cursair ram
    Cursair 500w PSU

Any suggestions or ideas as to an upgrade would be extremely appreciated

Upgrade to GTX970 or R9 290.

Other than that, no other options will show a performance gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gezgblack70

Cheers mate , appreciate it.
    I am going to go for the GTX970 , which one would you recommend msi,asus,etc.. ? Do you think I should upgrade my PSU to 600w ?

And last of all , what would you say would be the best time to buy? I know during Christmas there were major sales, when would you say the sales could possibly take place next time ?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement