Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glycolic acid peel?

Options
  • 10-03-2015 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi everyone,

I'm suffering from cheek acne and have tried almost everything! I don't get loads of new acne now but my cheeks are full of marks from the last few years. I went to a dermotologist last week and she recommended a course of glycolic acid peels to treat the hyperpigmentation (red marks) left behind from old acne. Has anyone had one of these? Do they work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I had a course of peels done (6 over a number of weeks) because of the same issues. I spent a lot of money and at the end of it all there was very little improvement in my skin, which I was really disappointed about!

Maybe they work well for some people but for me personally, I wouldn't spend my money having them done again.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I would definitely recommend you try them out. Glycolic acid is great for reducing hyper pigmentation as it removes the top layers of skin.

They can be expensive if done by your derm however they are worth it I feel. They will need to be done over a number of weeks and you skin will be sensitive to the sun during this time so you will have to wear sun cream daily.

If you can't afford to get them done at your derm you can do them yourself at home however you will need to start at a low concentration and work up. If you wish I can post some links to a few resources and also where to buy the peels.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Bored_lad wrote: »
    If you wish I can post some links to a few resources and also where to buy the peels.

Hi - Can you please do this? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dottie11

Have you tried the Alpha H Liquid gold? It worked wonders on my skin...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

They can be quite expensive to get done by a professional and you may run out of cash before you see the results you're hoping for. You can do these yourself but obviously a lower strength will be sold over the counter (10% for non professionals) it just means you will have to do a few courses of them with breaks in between, but you'll get a few courses out of the one bottle which will save you money in the long run.

I buy from http://www.bravuralondon.com They are very helpful so if you mail them telling them about your skin and what results you're looking for they will recommend the correct products.

• Advertisement
Advertisement