Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you think of TNA one night only ppv

• 10-03-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I don't find a lot of them that good. It not like a few years ago and I looked forward to the ppv.
    There is no build up to them and there should be. They could do special shows and have more of a build up to them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The ONO events are exactly what it says on the tin. A one off event that means nothing compared to what happens on Impact. They only exist because of international contracts that require TNA to provide a certain number of PPV's.

They can't build up to them either as they are all pre recorded and in bulk. Some can be recorded six months before they air. One of them had Bully Ray and Mr. Anderson together as a team as part of Aces and Eights, shortly after Anderson joined. On Impact they were feuding with each other, that's how long ago it had been recorded.

I don't think anyone considers them real PPV's. I used to watch them but simply don't care enough to watch them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Most of them are not even remotely worth watching, some of them are downright terrible. The odd time you get a good match but they are few and far between really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

This sounds like the WWF's old United Kingdom exclusive pay per views and the Tribute To The Troops taken to the next level. Would I be right in saying it's something along those lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This sounds like the WWF's old United Kingdom exclusive pay per views and the Tribute To The Troops taken to the next level. Would I be right in saying it's something along those lines?

The same level of importance but the shows usually have a theme. X-Division, World Cup, Knockouts, Hardcore etc.

Basically just filler shows. The champions often don't even bring out the belts, that's how unimportant they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Way worse. Or at least the lowest end ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The One Night Only on Challenge right now has The Wolves vs. Aries and Roode which could be lots of fun.

Advertisement