Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the Soccer Forum

Options
  • 10-03-2015 9:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been banned from the soccer forum for allegedly trolling. I feel the ban is very unfair. During the Arsenal V Man United game last night, a Manchester United player dived and received a yellow card. He's known for this. I then posted in the match thread a genuine football statistic about the player getting more yellow cards for diving than the amount of goals he has scored.

I fail to see how this is trolling Manchester United fans. It's a genuine statistic but it's just as relevant as saying a player has scored 10 goals, or a keeper has 10 clean sheets, etc... it's not trolling.

I fail go see the troll. Help me out please.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod that banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out above which must be done before starting a thread here

I would add that looking at your disciplinary record you picked up a yellow card for the post you are referring to. Your 2 week ban is a consequence of picking up 3 yellows over the course of the season an not just for yesterday's yellow card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the mod that banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out above which must be done before starting a thread here

I would add that looking at your disciplinary record you picked up a yellow card for the post you are referring to. Your 2 week ban is a consequence of picking up 3 yellows over the course of the season an not just for yesterday's yellow card

I have indeed.

Yes, I accept a previous yellow. But last night I received a yellow from two mods as the post was posted in two different threads. So two yellows for that same post.

As I said the post was perfectly relevant to the threads in which they were posted. I fail to see how I was trolling. I am rather upset as I frequent the soccer forum on a regular basis.

Please help me in rectifying this issue. Thank you.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, well let's go through the sequence of events

21:40 you post the following in the United v Arsenal match thread
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    JUNUZAJ HAS GOTTEN MORE YELLOW CARDS FOR DIVING ALONE THAN THE AMOUNT OF GOALS HE'S SCORED FOR UNITED.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#betterthansterling
    I see that as trolling United fans. It is a "statistic" that has absolutely no relevance to the match and could be expected to wind up United fans

21:59 - mod issues a yellow card for "trolling"

22:47 you post the following in the Liverpool superthread
    DVDM93 wrote: »
    Januzaj has received more yellow cards for diving than the amount of goals he has scored at Manchester United.

#betterthansterling
    What was the point of making that post? What relevance does that have to Liverpool? You posted it knowing you had already received a yellow for an almost identical post

Shortly after you received a yellow from a different mod with the statement
    you've just being carded for the exact same post an hour ago in the match thread.

You clearly knew the post was not acceptable having already received the earlier yellow.

I am seeing absolutely no reason to overturn either yellow and the ban automatically follows

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, well let's go through the sequence of events

21:40 you post the following in the United v Arsenal match thread

I see that as trolling United fans. It is a "statistic" that has absolutely no relevance to the match and could be expected to wind up United fans

21:59 - mod issues a yellow card for "trolling"

22:47 you post the following in the Liverpool superthread

What was the point of making that post? What relevance does that have to Liverpool? You posted it knowing you had already received a yellow for an almost identical post

Shortly after you received a yellow from a different mod with the statement

You clearly knew the post was not acceptable having already received the earlier yellow.

I am seeing absolutely no reason to overturn either yellow and the ban automatically follows

It is relevant given why had happened in the match. Januzaj had just received a yellow card for diving. This adds relevance to that statistic. It's no different to mentioning a player breaking goal scoring records after scoring. Why is it different?

The only reason I posted it in the Liverpool thread was because I assumed it was just upset United fans in the March thread reporting me. Aswell as this Januzaj is often compared with Sterling by both Liverpool and United fans which is why I mentioned it.

Januzaj gets a yellow for diving in the game the match thread is on. I comment to say he's now received more yellows for diving than amount of goals scored.

How is that trolling? It's no worse then those calling him a cheat and what not.,

If Messi scores a goal and I say he has now scored more than Ronaldo, is that trolling Madrid fans? I fail to see the troll.

• Advertisement

You posted it in the United match thread knowing it was likely to wind United fans up. Yellow card for trolling upheld

You then posted it again in the Liverpool thread claiming "I assumed it was just upset United fans in the March thread reporting me". Have you not read the forum charter and particularly the section covering cross-thread baiting?
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Cross thread baiting/flaming may also be regarded as a form of trolling as well as being an attempt to threadspoil.
    You posted it there presumably in the hope you would get away with it when it had absolutely nothing to do with Liverpool. Yellow card for trolling upheld

You may ask for an Admin to review my decisions if you wish

It's a sad state of affairs when one can't offer a soccer statistic just because it upsets a group of supporters. Fair enough if the posts calling the player a cheat and every other name under the sun were too, but they weren't. I see it week in, week out in match threads. Rival fans having a laugh off each other. I genuinely don't see where mine crossed the line from everyday football rival slagging to 'trolling'.

But no, I'll pass on that. We both know going higher up the ladder won't help my case and is just a waste of time for everyone involved.

I'd like to apologise for any hurt I've caused to United fans, it was nothing more than a bit of banter. Upsetting people was not my intention.

I'm sorry we can't see eye to eye in this situation.

Enjoy the sun :) x

Advertisement