Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping at Waterford University Hospital Ardkeen

Options
  • 10-03-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

DSC04644_zpsjqeckudj.jpg

DSC04645_zpsusw0casz.jpg

How can APCOA justify this ............The car is not in anyones way . - Its a quiet car-park , which was full at the time this car was parked .

Its inside the hospital grounds , that cost enough to exit anyway .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

because it's literally in the middle of nowhere? and not in a parking space?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

its parked on the walkway

- makes it awkward for wheelchairs ?

How can APCOA justify this ............The car is not in anyones way . - Its a quiet car-park , which was full at the time this car was parked .

Its inside the hospital grounds , that cost enough to exit anyway

DSC04644_zpsjqeckudj.jpg

DSC04645_zpsusw0casz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I am usually one for suggesting that all clampers be shot in the face with a ball of their own excretment, but that is woeful parking in fairness!

H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Gotta say its well deserved. The fact that this happened in an almost empty car park reflects much worse on the driver than the clampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Gotta say its well deserved. The fact that this happened in an almost empty car park reflects much worse on the driver than the clampers.

The car park could have been much fuller when it was clamped though. And yes terrible parking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Look at where she parked for God sake!
    She parked across a pedestrian crossing!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Waterford University Hospital ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Was in the hospital car park 2 weeks ago visiting.I parked in the front car park right outside the hospital.on my way out I noticed the car park worker fella taking photos on his mobile phone of tax/insurance disks of cars but he was also taking photos of the inside of peoples cars.he was standing at the drivers window of the car taking photos.I found this very odd and surely a privacy issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Look at where she parked for God sake!
    She parked across a pedestrian crossing!

So it's a woman ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Waterford University Hospital ?

http://www.ucc.ie/en/med-health/news/fullstory-476302-en.html

No issue with that clamping - totally inconsiderate parking. Hopefully they'll think twice next time

• Advertisement

So it's a woman ?

What other sex would park like that? Of course it's a bloody woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

jimbo1979 wrote: »
    Was in the hospital car park 2 weeks ago visiting.I parked in the front car park right outside the hospital.on my way out I noticed the car park worker fella taking photos on his mobile phone of tax/insurance disks of cars but he was also taking photos of the inside of peoples cars.he was standing at the drivers window of the car taking photos.I found this very odd and surely a privacy issue.

They have to take photo's of all the windows and the dash so they can prove there wasn't a ticket on the car.
    They also have to take a close up picture of anything that might be mistaken for a ticket, like the tax and insurance disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

gctest50 wrote: »
    its parked on the walkway

- makes it awkward for wheelchairs ?

Which is why it makes perfect sense to clamp it so it can't be moved...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

pillphil wrote: »
    They have to take photo's of all the windows and the dash so they can prove there wasn't a ticket on the car.
    They also have to take a close up picture of anything that might be mistaken for a ticket, like the tax and insurance disk.

Why would they need photo's?? It's not a pay & display car park. You take your ticket with you & pay at the paystation before you return to your car.
    Sounds v dodgy if someone is photographing what is inside someone's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Why would they need photo's?? It's not a pay & display car park. You take your ticket with you & pay at the paystation before you return to your car.
    If someone claimed that they had gotten a ticket, the clamper can prove that there was none visible.
    It also covers the clamper if the driver claims that their car was damaged while the clamp was being fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭pillphil

Samsgirl wrote: »

To prove there's no disabled card in the car for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Pictures can be deceiving - It was 2pm and the car park spaces were all full when this man parked his car here .
    So this car was not at all out of place parked here , and I was going to even park beside him at the time .

I had to drive around several times to find a space .

Whoever is in charge of this car-park need to get their act together and get out a white marker and extend the parking bays .

How much space is needed to push a wheelchair ? --- There is a 1/4 of an acre of wasted space here , and it should be utilised .

The car was not causing any obstruction , and a full row of cars beside it would not cause any obstruction either .

The hospital was packed and I was in Orthopaedic 1 , and it was so full that I had to sit in Orthodontic 1.

I wasn't causing any obstruction either .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

Whoever is in charge of this car-park need to get their act together and clamp you as well for parking outside Orthopaedic 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

OldBean wrote: »
    Which is why it makes perfect sense to clamp it so it can't be moved...

true i spose - they should have got it lifted

like :

6357f7f4c29aba971ee3e2dfceae795c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Pictures can be deceiving - It was 2pm and the car park spaces were all full when this man parked his car here .
    So this car was not at all out of place parked here , and I was going to even park beside him at the time .

Whoever is in charge of this car-park need to get their act together and get out a white marker and extend the parking bays .

How much space is needed to push a wheelchair ? --- There is a 1/4 of an acre of wasted space here , and it should be utilised .

The car was not causing any obstruction , and a full row of cars beside it would not cause any obstruction either .

The hospital was packed and I was in Orthopaedic 1 , and it was so full that I had to sit in Orthodontic 1.

So if all the spaces are taken you can park wherever you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

if the car park was full then whoevers car that is, would have been blocking in the person parked in front of them in an actual car space

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/med-health/news/fullstory-476302-en.html

No issue with that clamping - totally inconsiderate parking. Hopefully they'll think twice next time
    Looking at the main picture on that article... has everyone pissed themselves with excitement?

REnamingofWaterfordRegionalHospital1605.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Park over in Ardkeen stores its free :)

Did someone pi$$ on this group before the shot was taken?

Have a look below the belt line!

Very poor call from the photographer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I hope it was a case of high pressure taps, not leaky pipes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Didn't something happen out at that when a patient threw a bottle of coke at then minister for health

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

obezyana wrote: »
    Park over in Ardkeen stores its free :)

they clamp there too. best advice i reckon is park correctly in a designated car park space in the car park, not on footpath, not on the grass, not on pedestrian walkway like picture and pay the money on exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Max Powers wrote: »
    they clamp there too. best advice i reckon is park correctly in a designated car park space in the car park, not on footpath, not on the grass, not on pedestrian walkway like picture and pay the money on exit.

I agree about the pic that is terrible parking. I have to say tho iv parked in Ardkeen stores many a time whenever im out at the hospital and iv never been clamped. I was out there on Monday and parked in Ardkeen stores with no problems. There was no way i was paying 4euro for the hospital car park when i was only going to be in the hospital for 20mins.

• Advertisement

pillphil wrote: »

If it was Waterford, it's not Pay and Display. You pay at the machine before you leave and pay by the length of time you're there.

Advertisement