Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping at Waterford University Hospital Ardkeen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I always park in the Tesco carpark, it's 10 mins walk to the front door of the hospital. I'm at the hospital about 5 times a month with my son.

And yeah, I would clamp, I know that car park is often full by 11 and there is a bit of space there but parking on a crossing beside a remedial unit is pretty low.

it's crap, when I was getting physio , I used to leave the car at home and get a taxi to the door, I couldn't walk from far away client spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Pictures can be deceiving - It was 2pm and the car park spaces were all full when this man parked his car here .
    So this car was not at all out of place parked here , and I was going to even park beside him at the time .
    So is the zebra crossing he is parked on top of just a figment of my imagination? Is the picture somehow deceiving me by making me imagine it? Or maybe you think a zebra crossing is the right place to park, having said it isn't out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

IMG_1629_zps7e8rbyyd.jpg

So not clamping related , but still parking at Waterford Hospital , and after spending a few frustrating hours in the hospital , we come out to find that the ATM is '' out of service ''.

And a message on the pay machine '' this does not accept card payments '' and another message '' this machine does not accept €50 notes .

How difficult do they want to make it for patients / visitors .

Then I notice that the receipt is still charging VAT at 21% instead of 23% , an extra 2% into the pockets of APCOA .

Would someone tell them that the VAT rate changed in 2012 to 23 %

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pummice

Anyone know if the waterford regional hospital operate a 15/20min grace period in their car park where you dont have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

pummice wrote: »
    Anyone know if the waterford regional hospital operate a 15/20min grace period in their car park where you dont have to pay

im fairly sure theres a 15 min grace period but of course i could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

pummice wrote: »

First 15 minutes are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

pummice wrote:

First 15 minutes is free. "Circulation Time" to try and find a space and leave the carpark again if you can't.
    The carpark nearest A&E is desperate for having the spaces sign lit green but there not being any actual spaces in the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 crispycrisps

You get 15 mins grace period.

Was out there today, it was mental, a queue of cars waiting to get into the parking area by A&E. Even though it was saying spaces were available.

The other car park also said there was spaces and there wasn't a single spot to get. People were parking on the zebra path way, up on the kerbs.

Also note that they offer a concession charge as well and if you going in/out multiple times a day ask them about this .

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Was out there on Tuesday with my son, car park admission kept leaving cars in while there was absolutely no spaces in any car park. Absolute chaos and the female version of dirty Harry who works for the clampers (watch her in action in the hospital or on the Quay) was only itching to get her clamp out.

If there is no spaces then the barrier should not allow cars in, surely in 2017 this can be automated.

We eventually got a space but could very well have been late for our appointment even though we gave ourselves a half hour cushion to get in there and get parked up. Came out an hour later and guess what, the pay machine does not accept laser cards as payment. So as I had no cash I had to walk back from almost the front gate to the main hospital building to the ATM inside the front door. Took out a €50 to discover that the pay machine does not accept €50 notes so back to the main building again to buy a pack of gum in the shop to make sure I had €4 in change.

Thankfully I don't go in to UHW that often and the next time I will try and have €4 in change in the car in advance. The parking situation has definitely not approved in any way over recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the pay machine does not accept laser cards as payment.
    Laser was removed by all the banks years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Victor wrote: »
    Laser was removed by all the banks years ago.

Ooooppps, I meant "Visa Debit Card" Must be my age!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Doesn't anyone use the buses that service the hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

How much of the hospital's catchment area do those buses cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,972 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm sure some do but if someone is feeling poorly they would surely prefer to go by car if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

elperello wrote: »
    I'm sure some do but if someone is feeling poorly they would surely prefer to go by car if possible.

Ok, I can accept that but surely if people visiting patients at the hospital used the service they wouldn't have to be complaining about parking or fees but I suppose we just like to complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭aziz

The last time I used a bus to the hospital from the upper yellow road it took a hour and a half, I could have walked it in under half that time:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Ok, I can accept that but surely if people visiting patients at the hospital used the service they wouldn't have to be complaining about parking or fees but I suppose we just like to complain!

The parking during the evenings, when most people visit, isn't that bad.
    The majority I think are people with outpatient appointments during the day. The outpatients corridor has 100s of people waiting along it all day every day.
    My antenatal appointments were always Wednesday afternoons, not convenient to get a bus as I was leaving from work and returning to work if my appointment went quickly (it never did!). I can't imagine many people wanting to leave the hospital after waiting hours for their appointment to get on a bus that will take forever to get as far as The Quay.

There are still a lot of green areas in there that could be converted into car spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

aziz wrote: »
    The last time I used a bus to the hospital from the upper yellow road it took a hour and a half, I could have walked it in under half that time:mad:

Awe. Poor lickle old you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

There are still a lot of green areas in there that could be converted into car spaces

I think i'd rather a multi storey carpark be built instead of taking away some green areas.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If they put as much energy and effort into running a full time cardiac care unit at the hospital as they do with clamping cars in the car park, then I would say that would be a better outcome.

All hospitals are moving to multi- storey car parks these days. It's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

JupiterKid wrote: »
    If they put as much energy and effort into running a full time cardiac care unit at the hospital as they do with clamping cars in the car park, then I would say that would be a better outcome.
    I humbly submit they use different personnel and they are different issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Victor wrote: »
    I humbly submit they use different personnel and they are different issues.

Same user experience though.

Advertisement