Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best advice youve had

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭a postere

Oh and I forgot . . .

"Whatever you tell them . . . tell them nothing"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They're only people.

Your health is your wealth.

Don't wish your life away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Never answer the front door, it could be the TV licence man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

A few older folk have mentioned recently how fast their lives have gone and old age creeps up on you. Scared me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Outside of dogs, books are a mans best friend. Inside of dogs it's too dark to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

Say nothing and keep saying it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You only need two things in life: A good pair of shoes, and a good mattress, cause if you're not in one, you're in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

When there's plenty take a lot; when there's a little take it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Don't open that second bottle of wine

FÃ႒¹ck you all, it's opened

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

You cannot watch the parade and drive in it at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

Also - no matter how extraordinary your life is, if you die on the toilet that is the main thing you will be remembered for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Merrion wrote: »
    Also - no matter how extraordinary your life is, if you die on the toilet that is the main thing you will be remembered for.

Sure would be a crap place to die.

If you have to work on wiring and don't know if the circuit is live or not, keep your left hand in your back pocket.
    That way if it is live and you get a shock the current won't cross your heart.
    Also - when you get a shock your hand will definitely contract so if its in your back pocket you won't constrict your balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Merrion wrote: »
    There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

I said that to a lad one night while out having a smoke. It was mid December, he was wearing a Tshirt, and he was complaining about the cold.
    It went completely over his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

You only need two things in life: A good pair of shoes, and a good mattress, cause if you're not in one, you're in the other.

Add good tyres to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

A 4wd vehicle is only as good as the tyres under it and more importantly the person driving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭a postere

Farmers can't drive, they just like blocking roads and people who have real work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭The Dark Side

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I said that to a lad one night while out having a smoke. It was mid December, he was wearing a Tshirt, and he was complaining about the cold.
    It went completely over his head.

That's how t-shirts usually go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

There's always a lot of talk about how young people should spend their summers working and looking to advance their CV but I don't agree with that. When you're young, you are at a stage in your life when you have the chance to create moment and memories that you won't be able to later on in life. Why spend all that time entering the 'rat race' uo the career ladder. There will still be plenty of opportunities to advance your career, of course you'll have to work with bit harder but if you want it badly enough, you'll still get your dream job.

I think a lot of people who have success in their careers later regret not having more fun or spending more time with the ones they love. Money and careers are a necessary evil. They are important but they shouldn't dictate your life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

My brother when I was about 21 - "never have regrets, about anything, you cannot change the past, but what you can do is shape the future"

Has really helped me - I see so many people wasting time moaning about decisions they've made in the past and how they wasted this and that .... such a pointless pointless endevour

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

Never wait more than 3 seconds to approach a girl you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

A few older folk have mentioned recently how fast their lives have gone and old age creeps up on you. Scared me.

I am 45 and can agree, where do the years go, enjoy every day as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mcko wrote: »
    I am 45 and can agree, where do the years go, enjoy every day as best you can.

It's a proven scientific fact, the older you get, the faster time goes. Certainly feels like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Like my neighbour says each August bank holiday,
    'you might as well say it's xmas'.
    :eek: It drives me nuts and I'm always waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Like my neighbour says each August bank holiday,
    'you might as well say it's xmas'.
    :eek: It drives me nuts and I'm always waiting for it.

Someone I knew you to say one week into a 3 week holiday .... It's flying by!
    Negative person

Every year there after I used to say the same on day 1.
    She didnt say it again

Trick with your neighbour is this
    On may 1 or even now say .... It will be 21st june longest day of the year before we know it ! Or say that when the summer clock changes an hour.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

worded wrote: »
    Someone I knew you to say one week into a 3 week holiday .... It's flying by!
    Negative person

Every year there after I used to say the same on day 1.
    She didnt say it again

Trick with your neighbour is this
    On may 1 or even now say .... It will be 21st june longest day of the year before we know it ! Or say that when the summer clock changes an hour.

:-)
    she already says these things herself. xmas gets me.i'm avoiding her like the plague. She spends most xmasses in the a&e , having worked herself into a panic attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

SoftMicro wrote: »
    ...movie or not.

It's from the (excellent) Will Smith movie, "Seven Pounds".

From one of my favourite comedians, Craig Ferguson, along the lines of "revenge is a dish best served cold":
    "Ask yourself three questions. Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me now?"
    Also Craig (and also my mantra when the big black dog is nipping at the heels):
    "Maybe fear is God's way of saying, 'Pay attention, this could be fun.'"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Don't trust someone who doesn't own books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Don't trust someone who doesn't own books.

Tell that to someone with a library card :p

Advertisement