Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotels near harvey point

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Looking for the nearest hotel to harveys point for a wedding in august of this year. Price of harveys point is over 300 for the night.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Is this the right forum?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The nearest hotel to Harvey's Point is Solis Lough Eske Castle.... Again well over 300 a night, I'd imagine.

There would be a fair few B&B's etc around Lough Eske, which might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

teflon wrote: »
    Looking for the nearest hotel to harveys point for a wedding in august of this year. Price of harveys point is over 300 for the night.

Is this the right forum?

Or get a hotel in the town and work around it with an approx 15e taxi.
    As the above poster said prob loads of b&bs around it but my mind is blank and cannot put my finger on one right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Since Harveys point is only about 10 minutes drive from Donegal town, I would stay at one of the hotels in the town if I was you. The Abbey hotel, Central hotel and Millpark all do pretty reasonable room rates. They would be the closest apart from Solis Lough Eske hotel which is in the same price bracket as Harveys point if not more.

Either that or B&B like byte says. I've heard good things about Donegal Manor guesthouse...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was just thinking, if you're to rely on taxis to get to and from Harvey's, then it might be just as handy to say in the town, as the Taxi will invariably have to come from the town to collect you and drop you off at the B&B so will probably charge as much as staying in town. He'd have to travel the same distance or more regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Mill park is a good option as is the B&b's just across from it, taxi shouldn't be too much of a problem. Abbey or central bit cheaper than mill park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

teflon wrote: »

Is this the right forum?

There is a Holiday home in Donegal town Called the Town Cottage for rent, it might be another Option for You.

Advertisement