Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where shall I stay in Eyre Square?

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hello, I was going to stick this in the Travel forum but figured it might be better here.

I'm thinking of booking a weekend in Galway City (staying on Eyre Square) and I'm wondering if someone can suggest a hotel right in the middle of Eyre Square?

I want to be right in amongst the hub, i.e the pubs and shops...my other half can't walk far so we generally stay right amongst the central parts of cities when we go away.

A friend of mine suggested Jury's but can anyone recommend some others?
    Again, I must stress, I don't want anywhere that's not right slap bang in the middle.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

The Meyrick is in Eyre square but you'd be better off in Jurys as the lively part of town is more Spanish Arch-oriented.

The house hotel is also just around the corner from Spanish Arch and would be 50 metre walk to all the main pubs and restaurants, but would be a bit swisher than Jurys

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Galway's small.

Everywhere's a short walk away.

Nice places to stay:

Meyrick, Park House, The House Hotel, The Radisson.

Jury's is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks for those, that's a big help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Galway's small.

Everywhere's a short walk away.

Nice places to stay:

Meyrick, Park House, The House Hotel, The Radisson.

Jury's is okay.

Ahh, the bold bit is only true if you're able bodied.

Don't even consider the Radisson unless you're willing to take taxis. Park House and Meyrick are fine if you're 50+ and want to party with other similar adults, would avoid otherwise.

The footpath from Jury's is a bit dodgy/uneven (too many floods and delivery trucks in the mornings).

House would be excellent. Spanish Arch hotel is right in the middle of things too (but I'm not sure if there are lifts to the rooms).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hello, I was going to stick this in the Travel forum but figured it might be better here.

I'm thinking of booking a weekend in Galway City (staying on Eyre Square) and I'm wondering if someone can suggest a hotel right in the middle of Eyre Square?

I want to be right in amongst the hub, i.e the pubs and shops...my other half can't walk far so we generally stay right amongst the central parts of cities when we go away.

A friend of mine suggested Jury's but can anyone recommend some others?
    Again, I must stress, I don't want anywhere that's not right slap bang in the middle.

Thank you in advance :)

Look up The Imperial, stayed there a couple of weeks ago, right on Eyre Square ...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Friend always stays in Garveys Inn which is on top of a pub on the corner by the bus station. Then again he likes to be able to crawl to bed from the pub.
    www.garveysinn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

The Meyrick is in Eyre square but you'd be better off in Jurys as the lively part of town is more Spanish Arch-oriented.

The house hotel is also just around the corner from Spanish Arch and would be 50 metre walk to all the main pubs and restaurants, but would be a bit swisher than Jurys

+1, though I wouldn't be a fan of the house hotel myself

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Jurys would be my call too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Jury's isn't where I want to be.
    I've booked The Imperial. Thanks everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

good choice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Think you'll be happy there, as I said it's right on Eyre Square with plenty of pubs, restaurants and shops literally on your doorstep ......... the hotel itself is nice and the staff are lovely ........ enjoy :)

Advertisement