Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Slaney Enniscorthy

Options
  • 10-03-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm going to try some spinning for salmon this season in the pool below the bridge in Enniscorthy

I have a licence but i think there is a club formed on the town stretch now

Has anyone info on day ticket or membership fees?contact numbers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tweed

I'm going to try some spinning for salmon this season in the pool below the bridge in Enniscorthy

I have a licence but i think there is a club formed on the town stretch now

Has anyone info on day ticket or membership fees?contact numbers?

Unless your a local you won't get membership for that part of the river afaik. If you contact Danny's tackle shop in Enniscorthy he'll set you straight, he sells day tickets for Enniscorthy water not sure if it covers below the old bridge tho. I'll PM you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Fishing on the Slaney is free below the old bridge, there is an association in Enniscorthy but they don't have the rights between the bridges, or below the new one. However if you are planning on fishing it then it can't hurt to join them, i think it's a small fee maybe E10 and their number is on signs along on each side of the water there.

I wish you all the best with the spinning but the fish seem to fall to prawns there (btw prawning is only allowed between the two bridges). I have seen people fly and spin below the new bridge but i don't see them catch any salmon (barr those who break the rules and prawn below the new bridge)

Advertisement