Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kildare Town Sportive Sunday 5th April 2015

• 11-03-2015 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Folks,
    Headstrong Cycling Club will be holding a sportive on Easter Sunday
    Date: Sunday 5th April 2015
    Venue: Silken Thomas Kildare Town
    Start: 10am sharp
    Routes: 100km & 60km Pre enter @ www.headstrongcyclingclub.com
    Enter online and get entered free into a draw for a Cahill Cycles voucher worth €150

All welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Love to do this again but going to miss it damn it! Great day out last year, really well run. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭paddie9

Thanks very much, maybe next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Just a bump up for this, it seems that half the country is going to be away for Easter but if anyone is about the Kildare area on Sunday next we'd be delighted to have you along to our Sportive, we can offer a nice challenging route and a decent feed before you head home, 60km and 100km routes on offer so something to suit all abilities, all the details are on our website.

http://www.headstrongcyclingclub.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Was on this last year great spin set you up nicely for the rest of the year sadly can't make this year as I'm racing but great event for anybody who goes best of luck to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EAD

Away at Gorey as usual Nilhg, best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Weather looks it will be dry for this spin.

Havnen't registered yet, can I turn up and register on the day?

ronoc wrote:
    Havnen't registered yet, can I turn up and register on the day?

Absolutely no problem, be delighted to have you

nilhg wrote: »
    Absolutely no problem, be delighted to have you

Might try the 60 km route:)

Are there any route maps online?

ronoc wrote: »
    Might try the 60 km route:)

Are there any route maps online?
    http://www.headstrongcyclingclub.com/headstrong-cruise/
    Hope that helps

• Advertisement

Good event. Will definitely be back next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Great event,very well marshalled,friendly riders and great food at the foodstops.Thanks to Headstrong CC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

Great event,very well marshalled,friendly riders and great food at the foodstops.Thanks to Headstrong CC.

+1 well organized and marshaled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Any sign of therealbadger since.....last seen castlecomer bound with a set of deep rims at full tilt ...

Thanks for turning up and making it an event. Appreciate the feedback.
    There was plenty of badgers that looked real enough. The hard core boardie's will have to answer that.

macbane66 wrote: »
    Any sign of therealbadger since.....last seen castlecomer bound with a set of deep rims at full tilt ...

Ah, he made it back for the last of the curry.........

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ninoon

Well done Headstrong cc , well run , nice course, good food , from a few 905s

Thanks very much to all who supported our sportive today, both riders and all the other people who helped out with marshalling, food, safety and all the behind the scenes stuff that has to be done to make the day happen and get everyone home safe, sound and satisfied.

I managed to grab a few pics as the peleton went by me this morning, I had to keep an eye out for traffic at the same time so some of them are not wonderful but for what it's worth they're up on the club Facebook page. We did have a proper dedicated photographer as well and as soon as he gets the photos to us we'll put them up there also, I'll post here when it's done.

https://www.facebook.com/headstrongcyclingclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Thanks lads enjoyed yesterday my better half left me.Was always going to happen also ye need to check the distance coz that was a lot longer than 100 k

Last of the pictures are up on the Headstrong Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/headstrongcyclingclub

• Advertisement
Advertisement