Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre rollout

Options
  • 11-03-2015 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in North County Dublin in an area supposedly eFibre enabled.. Portmarnock/Malahide

However our street has not been upgraded from DSL yet

I just did the line checker and got the following 

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']You can't receive eVision or eFibre yet 
    We're sorry, but your home is not on the eVision and eFibre rollout plan. [/font]

?????

So; our street is not deemed worthy of fibre broadband?? Ever? I'm currently getting 4Mb dl 0.2 ul...

Satisfactory for the 21st century?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in North County Dublin in an area supposedly eFibre enabled.. Portmarnock/Malahide

However our street has not been upgraded from DSL yet

I just did the line checker and got the following 

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']You can't receive eVision or eFibre yet 
    We're sorry, but your home is not on the eVision and eFibre rollout plan. [/font]

?????

So; our street is not deemed worthy of fibre broadband?? Ever? I'm currently getting 4Mb dl 0.2 ul...

Satisfactory for the 21st century?

Hi Wouldn't have thought so.

Hi lawred2

I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm that efibre has launched in Portmarnock/Malahide area however not all areas/cabinets within this area are efibre enabled and not all lines within will be able to avail of efibre right away.

Ultimately the availability of efibre is based on the roll-out of fibre cabinets, unlike regular broadband where is available upon exchange upgrade.

There is a message located directly above the map you have referenced advising the efibre coverage map stating :

Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool

I understand your initial disappointment with being informed that you can't get efibre but if you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further to see if I can offer you an indication of when to expect it.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Hi  Alan,

I suppose it was the outright declaration that our home despite being slap bang in an eFibre enabled area was not on any rollout plan..

Either way; PM on the way

Hi  Alan,

I suppose it was the outright declaration that our home despite being slap bang in an eFibre enabled area was not on any rollout plan..

Either way; PM on the way
    Hi lawred2

I'm sorry to confirm that at this moment in time there is no cabinet planned to offer your line efibre broadband.

In discussing this with efibre operations I've been advised that the best advice I can offer you is to get back to me towards the end of 2015 and we should have more news on efibre availability to your line then,

Thanks
    Al

Amazing...

Eircom sure does good PR bullsh!t where it comes to their 'rollout' plans

Anyway; are you saying that the area is unlikely to ever get eFibre or just that it's not on any plans to happen soon?

Or worse; just like ADSL, is it likely to happen when eFibre has been already been reduced to obsoletion?

Amazing...

Anyway; are you saying that the area is unlikely to ever get eFibre or just that it's not on any plans to happen soon?

Or worse; just like ADSL, is it likely to happen when eFibre has been already been reduced to obsoletion?
    Sorry to hear you feel this way lawred2 - I'm genuinely being transparent in relation to the plans, furthermore and in relation to you're most recent question I can confirm that there are no plans for efibre to become available any time soon and as a result I can't offer you a Time frame even in the distant future.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Amazing...

Welcome to my world.

Amazing...

Sorry to hear you feel this way lawred2 - I'm genuinely being transparent in relation to the plans, furthermore and in relation to you're most recent question I can confirm that there are no plans for efibre to become available any time soon and as a result I can't offer you a Time frame even in the distant future.

Al
    Yeah I know you are... and I appreciate the honesty.

It's interesting but there are reasonably large estates going up all around us.. are all these estates to be connected to the 'network' over decades old technology..

Would seem a missed opportunity to me.. 

Maybe these estates will force Eircom's hand in providing eFibre but I won't hold my breath.

galljga1 wrote: »
    Amazing...

Welcome to my world.

It's a bleak windswept place

galljga1 wrote: »
    Amazing...

Welcome to my world.

It's a bleak windswept place
    Hi lawred2

I understand your disappointment and I'm sorry I cant be the bearer of better news

Al

Advertisement