Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find good IT guys ?

Options
  • 11-03-2015 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all,

I own an IT outsourcing firm and am trying to fill a Field / Helpdesk style role but the applicants so far have been terrible,

I'm looking for the type of person that hangs out here. Where would you guys go when looking for a new job ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I haven't been job-hunting since 2006, but personally I suppose I'd start with LinkedIn and the local recruitment outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

Located in Dublin City Center

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Thinking outside the box here - Have you considered the Social Welfare office? There are likely to be hundreds of people coming off JobBridge schemes that should have bolstered their work experience to the education and qualifications they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Same problem for 2 and a half years? Really?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81114393

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

AS someone who's having a disgustingly hard time trying to get a job in IT, i'd really like to see the job description/ salary you're offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Looking for part time entry level IT helpdesk work myself :D . Do you mind me asking, what makes the candidates terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

South Dublin City. Have car and own teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

davo2001 wrote: »
    Same problem for 2 and a half years? Really?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81114393

And never shall the OP respond either. Plus I love seeing old threads I posted in sometimes. Other times I think wtf was I on.

Advertisement