Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iMessage won't let me send texts

• 11-03-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Got a new iPhone 6, backed it up from my old phone, but have been having problems both sending and receiving texts, sometimes they deliver sometimes not, sometimes I receive them sometimes not.

I have switched off iMessage and back on, did the same with the phone, i have 'send as sms' activated on the phone, I have removed my iCloud and email addresses from the send and receive option and just kept my phone number, same problem, I added them back on, all to no avail.

One thing I noticed is that if I deactivate iMessage on the phone it also removes the send as sms option as well, I can't remember if that was the way with my old 4s.

its driving me bananas as Im not given the option to send a normal text and when delivered through iMessage Im not sure if it has been received or not, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT204065

Try here

Thanks airier I have gone through those steps, updated the phone, restored it etc etc, I don't want to delete conversations as they provide timelines for certain events.

When I signed out of Apple ID and back in my phone number was ticked, but in the send and receive option its just my email address thats ticked, my phone number is grey, at the iMessage option its just saying waiting for activation, I went through all the Apple support options and still the same.

Looks like Ill have to ring support to find out what the hell is happening

Sorry to hear that. Only problem I have with iMessage is that when the receiving phone is off, have to revert to text.

Have you tried reset network settings.

You do not lose any content(i hope) and go from there once more

airuser wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Only problem I have with iMessage is that when the receiving phone is off, have to revert to text.

Thanks for the help though
    :D

• Advertisement

Cheers.

If all fails, try Apple Discussions on the Apple Site

Airuser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

A whole load of Apple online services are unavailable because of a DNS error.
    They're just suddenly unreachable all morning.

It's not your device or account, looks like either a freak accident or a deliberate act to sabotage DNS records. It may take a few hours to fix.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    A whole load of Apple online services are unavailable because of a DNS error.
    They're just suddenly unreachable all morning.

It's not your device or account, looks like either a freak accident or a deliberate act to sabotage DNS records. It may take a few hours to fix.

Well its been happening for longer than today, but of course today is the day I ring support to get it sorted, and can't because of the problems with Apple ID and not being able to sign in, oh well wait another day I must

I suspect it's a DOS attack

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I suspect it's a DOS attack

I have been on MacRumors Forum Site. Apple sites still down.

same with me

• Advertisement

This is going on for a remarkably long time!

I've had no access since about 9 am

Still down

Advertisement