Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat won't eat despite vet treatment

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

FonE wrote: »
    Its a liver infection he is being treated for, which made him not eat as he felt unwell. He got 2 injections of something to support his liver (I was so relieved we found what was wrong I never asked what the medication was) and then 5 days of oral antibiotic at home. Normally I'd get the vet to give a long lasting antibiotic injection but that's not suitable in this case.

Thanks, that makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP hope your little cat is felling better soon! My cat lost his appetite when he had kidney failure :( so delighted you've caught your guys problem and he's on the mend.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Glad to say that my cat is doing well. I've been like the food police observing him eating all weekend and since Monday he's been tucking in much more like normal. He stops eating if he thinks I'm watching so I've been having to observe from a distance but I'm happy he's getting enough. Today is my first day back at work since he came home so I'm expecting (and hoping for) a good appetite when I get home tonight too.

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. It means a lot when I was out of my mind with worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Glad to hear Puss is feeling better, hope your hand is ok too.

Advertisement