Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External oral exams.

• 11-03-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Has anyone doing their oral exams as an external applicant found out when they do them yet ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As far as I know they are held in the same time period as standard applicants.
    Monday 13th April to Friday 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Docscar38

Has anyone doing their oral exams as an external applicant found out when they do them yet ?

Hi. I havent either. I did receive a letter to acknowledge that i had applied etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 usurptheczar

Docscar38 wrote: »
    Hi. I havent either. I did receive a letter to acknowledge that i had applied etc.

Yeah I got that letter the other day, still haven;t heard anything about specific times for the oral exams though.

Yeah I got that letter the other day, still haven;t heard anything about specific times for the oral exams though.

We'll probably get a letter saying to expect a letter :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 usurptheczar

I actually just got a letter telling me when to go for my Irish exam. You'll probably get yours sometime this week.

• Advertisement

I actually just got a letter telling me when to go for my Irish exam. You'll probably get yours sometime this week.

That's good news. Hopefully ill get mine soon.

Well, i got my exam date after that. Hope it goes well. It doesnt seem as daunting as it did 21 years ago. Tbh there's a lot to be said for a bit of maturity when approaching the leaving cert again.

Oh, before i forget. My grinds teacher told me there were no times specifically. It's alphabetical, starting at 9am. So i have to be at the exam centre from morning. Oh and she also said the might start at either end of the alphabet. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Docscar38 wrote: »
    That's good news. Hopefully ill get mine soon.

Ring the school you have registered to do your exams in. The schools are on holidays now but the secretary will be in the office for the next few days. They will be able to tell you the dates of the orals in the school. As you said yourself it'll probably be in alphabetical order, but at least you will have the dates.

Advertisement