Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Maybe there wasn't tbh, I could be mistaken. Still, though... That's a whole new scary and creepy level of devotion. They're probably all kids/teenagers. This is where the parents need to be supervising their interactions on social media IMO.

I'd be the same, I'd be "devo" as some of them are saying. But I'd say, fair enough, they have their reasons for calling it a day, but we still have the music they made.

I do feel quite sorry for him. He's only 22 and they've been going for 4-5 years. I know it was his choice to join the band, but he's lost the last 2-3 of his teenage years and 2 years of his twenties.

It's not just kids/teenagers who are devoted to 1D, read something a few years ago about a woman sending her underwear to a member of the band.... A GROWN WOMAN, LET THAT SINK IN - Parents can't supervise kids on social media, it's near impossible, if they aren't at a computer, probably on smart phones, or whatever they do in their private time.

HYPOTHETICALLY If Alter Bridge called it a day tomorrow - AB fans would be devastated, but the music will live on, but then again a reunion could bring the band back together again a few years after the breakup - Money is a powerful thing.

Whatever Zayn does, i hope he enjoys the normalcy of life, i said it earlier, he's probably made his money and thought ''**** it, i'm out'' hence his departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah true. I heard of one woman getting a huge portrait of Westlife tattooed across her entire back. People do crazy stuff for bands and band members. Someone sent Jared Leto an ear, no joke. That said, I did see a Myles Kennedy tattoo the other day that was very cool. Personally, I wouldn't go that far. Says she who has lyrics from Blackbird inked on her foot. :o

Of course we would be devastated but I can't see AB fans going that far, you're right.

Can't blame him for leaving. He's probably set up for life now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Boy bands seem to attract a totally different kind of fan base though. There's a level of hysteria like no other when it comes to fans of boy bands.

They really do, it's bizarre.

Wonder how long it'll be til the others decide to leave though.

• Advertisement

Yeah. In fairness, they lasted an awful lot longer than most people expected.

And didn't even win the X Factor.

Oh yeah, who actually won that year? I only watched it the year James Arthur won. He's kinda sexy but seems to be a bit of a d**khead.

Actually had to Google it but Matt Cardle won that year.

KKkitty wrote:
    Actually had to Google it but Matt Cardle won that year.
    Oh yeah he recorded Many Of Horror and changed the name..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Oh yeah he recorded Many Of Horror and changed the name..

Ruined a perfect biffy Clyro song.

It was hilarious when someone campaigned to get Rage against the machine to the Christmas number 1 slot.

The X Factor - The creation centre of crappiness

KKkitty wrote:
    It was hilarious when someone campaigned to get Rage against the machine to the Christmas number 1 slot.
    That worked, didn't it? Amazing how social media can be so powerful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

KKkitty wrote: »

That is a good use of Internet mobilization

Seeing as the vast majority of the winners are no where to be seen it should be a sign that the X Factor should be cancelled.

That is a good use of Internet mobilization

Should get one going again :D Might as well make it a yearly event.

Seeing as the vast majority of the winners are no where to be seen it should be a sign that the X Factor should be cancelled.

It's like the winners disappear into irrelevance after winning the show

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Or the countless sob stories off of those talent shows.

"Someone who I lost wanted me to make it, so I'm doing this for them." *Sniff*

''Or i just wanna give back to my parents''

Pass me the sick bucket please, you ain't doin it for your parents, your doing it for yourself you greedy bellend

• Advertisement

Or the countless sob stories off of those talent shows.

"Someone who I lost wanted me to make it, so I'm doing this for them." *Sniff*

I am sick of the sob stories and people who can't sing being wheeled out just to be ridiculed.

Let us not forget the overly long, over used pauses when announcing losers/winners to build tension.

And the winner/person going home is. . .

That person over there.
    I am sick of the sob stories and people who can't sing being wheeled out just to be ridiculed.
    So most of them then. :D

My one problem with the current season of Arrow, I wish they'd use the
    Suicide Squad
    a whole lot more than just the odd appearance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Suicide Squad
    Why is Cupid in the Squad? That crazy female dog needs to be locked up, not armed and sent off to kill more people

Why is Cupid in the Squad? That crazy female dog needs to be locked up, not armed and sent off to kill more people

She's a part of the Squad only at Diggle's request. Plus they needed someone nuttier than the last woman they had on the team.

She's a part of the Squad only at Diggle's request. Plus they needed someone nuttier than the last woman they had on the team.

Good idea, "Our last crazy chick tried to kill us and failed. Let's get another one who's worse."

Suicide Squad

If they get enough of a following they might look at doing a spin off, like they did with Flash, is what I'm guessing.

If they get enough of a following they might look at doing a spin off, like they did with Flash, is what I'm guessing.

That's true, though i don't see how a Suicide Squad tv show could work.... Then again maybe the Suicide Squad in Arrow is only being used to build awareness of the movie of the same name being released next year out into the movie going public's conscience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I remember the old Flash tv series. I bet it has aged terribly! :D

• Advertisement

That's true, though i don't see how a Suicide Squad tv show could work.... Then again maybe the Suicide Squad in Arrow is only being used to build awareness of the movie of the same name being released next year out into the movie going public's conscience.
    Yeah DC trying to cater to DC, throw a few names around see what sticks and either give it a tv show or a movie. All about what the fans want.
    I remember the old Flash tv series. I bet it has aged terribly! :D
    Might have to give that a look, is it anything like the 60s batman tv show?
    KAPOW! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement