Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'd nearly put up something completely cheese filled, but it would ruin the bonding. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd nearly put up something completely cheese filled, but it would ruin the bonding. :p
    ...Manowar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Roxette, barry manilow, venga boys, alvin & the chipmunks, taylor swift - should i go on?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Never really got into Ahab myself, but if we're onto a doomy doom doom buzz, then may I recommend Warning?

They always remind me of a seriously dark time in my life, was listening to that song in particular a lot at the time

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Go out with you Grem! :p

Warning are always welcome.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you didn't like Warning there'd be no hope for you at all ;)

How do you feel about My Dying Bride? They'll always be the kings of doom for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

MDB <3

I liked Warning, then again i like a lot of the music, i just seem to find myself stuck on the vocalist..

All right, I'm gonna attempt to sleep again. Maybe tomorrow will be better, or maybe I'll figure out a way to punch someone in the face over the internet.

Night Angron, hope tomorrow is better..

• Advertisement

G'night Angron! Take care of yourself, and we'll have to drag you to Galway for a few brews again ;) actual beers I mean, not imaginary Grem ones :p

Argh!. Shots fired!

Night Angron.

Don't think I know anyone who doesn't like MDB. Don't think I wanna either :p

I liked Warning, then again i like a lot of the music, i just seem to find myself stuck on the vocalist..

The vocalist makes or breaks a band really, they could be amazing but if the vocals aren't up to snuff, it's just not happening. That's also why Steam Powered Giraffe are so awesome, they're all pretty amazing vocalists, and that harmonizing! :eek: such win :o

Shiminay wrote: »
    Don't think I know anyone who doesn't like MDB. Don't think I wanna either :p

Holy crap Shimi, is that 3 hits in a row I just got? First Trepalium, then Warning and now MDB? I feel like I scored big!

Do I get a prize? :)

Yeah i'm a disaster with the vocals, i'm not into the 'gargle with gravel' thing if the lyrics become unintelligible but i like a rough edge on a voice too.

I think I'm gonna call it a night folks, tomorrow the Easter Egg hunt begins...

Yeah i'm a disaster with the vocals, i'm not into the 'gargle with gravel' thing if the lyrics become unintelligible but i like a rough edge on a voice too.

Well, I do love me some death metal, so I do like that kinda vocal style, but it has to be done well. Carl McCoy is a master of this, he's got all the gravel and extreme sound, but amazingly clear.

Edit: G'night Shiminay! ;)

Enjoy the fun tomorrow

Night Shim, catch ya later.

Agreed Links, clarity was the word i was hopelessly searching for in the last post.. :pac:

Hmm, may have to head bedwards soon myself too :o

Speaking of singers...

GACKT! :eek:

Oh what a voice!

• Advertisement

See, his voice is too clean. I have to wonder how i manage to like billy corgan.. I'm as awkward! Must walk pooch soon but i'll be up a while.

Ah I love him! :D Gackt is a seriously incredible singer, but he's a great example of why I love a lot of the Japanese vocalists, you hear the kinda vibrato he has in his voice? That's something I find is very, very idiosyncratic, very Japanese.

Sono, the singer from Matenrou Opera is one of the best examples of this, he's got that really pronounced vibrato and it's incredible!

So, too much vibrato i truly don't like.. Same with guitar playing. Definitely comes from when i was young and probably spoils some stuff for me..

Ah I don't think I've ever grabbed you with any of the Japanese stuff I like have I Grem? You didn't like Lynch. anyway, was there any of them you liked?

Don't think so, though the sound track stuff was pretty cool..

Ah yeah :D

Some seriously amazing composers in Japan, that's for sure ;) You should check out the movie Sword of the Stranger, the music is just gorgeous and stirring as hell, really something else.

Will add that to watch later list.. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cheers Lair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning guys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Morning guys
    Morning Paws! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement