Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hi Swan, how's things?

Should get up, I have a driving lesson at ten and it's after 9.. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Swan, how's things?
    Swannie is sleepy early this Saturday morn, but the full Moon here draws me.
    Should get up, I have a driving lesson at ten and it's after 9.. :o
    Best of luck Paws!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I AM IRON LITH - Conqueror Of Booze

*collapses on couch*

I am running on fumes here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Black Swan wrote: »
    Swannie is sleepy early this Saturday morn, but the full Moon here draws me.

Best of luck Paws!
    watched it here last night shinnin over the dublin bay.. such a nice view i have! <3

mornin lith! was the evening a success so :d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

morning guys:)

my head is killing me this morning :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I am running on fumes here.....
    ATTENTION LAIR: The smoking lamp is out, the smoking lamp is out in all authorized spaces. :eek:

Oh... hi Lith.
    Joya wrote: »
    watched it here last night shinnin over the dublin bay.. such a nice view i have! <3
    Happy Full Moon to you Joya. :cool:

my head is killing me this morning :(
    **Swannie fedespressos 2nd set of magic fingers to massage writer's head!**

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

hey ho folkies

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    hey ho folkies
    Hey Ted! :D

Time for Swannie to crawl between the sheets and drift off into swannieland. See ye later. Bye all.

Swannie up past the bewitching hour :eek:

Things are gonna get baaaaaaaaad :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Happy Full Moon to you Joya. :cool:
    Time for Swannie to crawl between the sheets and drift off into swannieland. See ye later. Bye all.
    happy fool moon to ye 2 BS, sweet dreams :)...

WL hope you ll be better soon :)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

*pops head in door*

How do folks o/

Ayup Mozz.

Begorrah Ted how are ya? Enjoying the weekend so far?

All good here, reheating a portion of lasagne & getting ready to watch the Liverpol Arsenal match.

hows all in the Kingdom

Grand out. I haven't even opened the curtains yet. Meant to be in work experience today but my friend told me yesterday evening that because I am on an Easter Break from college I am allowed take a break from work experience too. Rang them then and told them I wouldn't be in. Kinda ****ty thing to do but eh, I am not enjoying it there and I just need some time out from there.

Enjoy your time off.

Every job has its bad side. Very very very rare to find one that is 100% perfect.

Use the negativity to try & develop new skills even it is just to become thick skinned. Dealing with power crazed people can be annoying especially if when push comes to shove, they are nowhere to be seen. Can only imagine it is all go-go-go in the kitchens.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I AM IRON LITH - Conqueror Of Booze
    "I am the lizard queen!" is now going around in my head...

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Enjoy your time off.

Every job has its bad side. Very very very rare to find one that is 100% perfect.

Use the negativity to try & develop new skills even it is just to become thick skinned. Dealing with power crazed people can be annoying especially if when push comes to shove, they are nowhere to be seen. Can only imagine it is all go-go-go in the kitchens.

This right here. Happened to me last week. I was on service as well as one of the other main chefs. I was busy doing my orders and he just walked out of the kitchen. I was so consumed with what I was doing and had enough of what I was doing that I didn't realise they guy had walked off. Ten minutes later the head waiter comes up to me bawling that some customers weren't happy because they didn't get their order. Turned out the other chef just walked out on break leaving the order incomplete. He apparently expected me to complete it after I had all mine done. I got really mad over it.

I also got pretty thick at the head waiter because he fecked up the order slip and it was all over the place. He tried pinning it on me but when the sous chef came over to see what the hell was going on she couldn't follow the order either.

Other things have happened in there. I actually dread the place. I know every job has a good and a bad but I am not happy. It's making me question if I have chosen the right path for myself at all. I know I want to be a chef but I feel like the passion for it is being sucked out of me because of this place. Seriously contemplating on finding work else where.

Mozz I genuinely thought the same when I went on my first placement in college. I was there for ten weeks and they I was basically a cleaner, and a lunch delivery person. The whole time I was there I was thinking "Is this it? Is this what being a veterinary nurse is?" I had a list of over 100 tasks to do and I got about 5-10 of them done there and signed off there. Don't let this set you back, Mozz. Don't let one establishment put you off being a chef. I'm so glad I didn't let that first place put me off but it made me see that for every one bad clinic there are about 20 good ones. You seem really passionate about food so stick it out if you can. It'll stand to you in the end, is what I'm trying (and probably failing) to say. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'd love some thicker skin.

Afternoon friends! Not too shabby out down here :)

• Advertisement

Mozz I genuinely thought the same when I went on my first placement in college. I was there for ten weeks and they I was basically a cleaner, and a lunch delivery person. The whole time I was there I was thinking "Is this it? Is this what being a veterinary nurse is?" I had a list of over 100 tasks to do and I got about 5-10 of them done there and signed off there. Don't let this set you back, Mozz. Don't let one establishment put you off being a chef. I'm so glad I didn't let that first place put me off but it made me see that for every one bad clinic there are about 20 good ones. You seem really passionate about food so stick it out if you can. It'll stand to you in the end, is what I'm trying (and probably failing) to say. :)

Thanks xPPx. This cheered me up a good bit. I know it's this place that's doing it to me hence why I want to change my work placement to a different establishment. Fingers crossed I can!!
    I'd love some thicker skin.

Afternoon friends! Not too shabby out down here :)

Afternoon Hugo o/

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Thanks xPPx. This cheered me up a good bit. I know it's this place that's doing it to me hence why I want to change my work placement to a different establishment. Fingers crossed I can!!
    Hopefully you can change to another place but glad I could help you out. Don't let other people put you off your passion! :)

Afternoon friends! Not too shabby out down here
    Hi Hugo :)

Must get up and do chores. Be somewhat productive today :pac:

I have nothing to do so I'm having hot chocolate and reading on the couch :o

Any chance of a brew there Mozz, no milk in the house here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Afternoon nocs.

Heyday on the couch for the day.

What ye all up to?

Currently sitting in front of the fire with a book and a massive mug of hot chocolate.

How are you heyday? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Currently sitting in front of the fire with a book and a massive mug of hot chocolate.

How are you heyday? :)

hot chocolate sounds divine well jealous :)

I'm ok paws still trying to get over this chest infection. Reckon another day or two ill be fine. I hope.

Hope ur well

• Advertisement

*hot chocolate for heyday*

Hope you feel better soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement