Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Howaya good morning!! :)
    look who decided to visit!! :eek::D

howaya, Chuckles! o/

Morning, Joya:)
    Morning, purple:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Chuckles, how are ya? Long time no see!

I keep thinking today is Friday and I've no idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

SW wrote: »
    look who decided to visit!! :eek::D

howaya, Chuckles! o/

Morning, Joya:)
    Morning, purple:)
    mornin SW hows you..

im at work trying to hide my responding to renting the room interests lol

perhaps i should be arrested :d))

(not to mention me glancing here lol)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I remember going for the job here in Boards and telling a previous boss who was down on my CV as a reference. "Oh" he says "that should be perfect, you spent enough fking time looking at that site when you worked here!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well, I definitely had an interesting night. There were fireworks going off and the poor dog was terrified, took me ages to calm her down, she was trembling like mad. Got back to sleep eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Aftenoon all!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another hospital day done.. Feeling good about going tbh.

How goes it Moz?

I never answered you yesterday, sorry :o the thread moved too quickly. Cheffing is the one job I never did in a hotel, I know I'm just not a good enough cook. Closest I ever came was helping the chef one morning when I had a couple of bus loads checking out early and they needed full breakfasts. I loaded rashers onto trays and sausages into fryers (and frying saussies does not count as cheffing :p), toast into the toast thingy and tea and coffee into dispensing flasks. Was busy!

Then there was the time we had a fire in the hotel on Valentines morning at 8am and we had to evacuate the hotel, then serve 300 people breakfast at 9am by the time it was all done. Pandamonium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

I'm in social again lol
    There's about 20 people in front of me :|

hi grem what was that about

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There's a bird stuck inside the house, any ideas on how to get it out, i think the ****er is blind.

Problem solved, he flew out.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    How goes it Moz?

I never answered you yesterday, sorry :o the thread moved too quickly. Cheffing is the one job I never did in a hotel, I know I'm just not a good enough cook. Closest I ever came was helping the chef one morning when I had a couple of bus loads checking out early and they needed full breakfasts. I loaded rashers onto trays and sausages into fryers (and frying saussies does not count as cheffing :p), toast into the toast thingy and tea and coffee into dispensing flasks. Was busy!

Then there was the time we had a fire in the hotel on Valentines morning at 8am and we had to evacuate the hotel, then serve 300 people breakfast at 9am by the time it was all done. Pandamonium.

Bloody hell. That's some going!! Hotels are meant to be crazy to work in all together but at the same time restaurants are no better! I am doing my work experience in a restaurant in town and the kitchen can be quiet and calm all day and next thing you know you're plating up twenty lasagnes and burning the garlic bread all while someone is roaring for more salads and the hot plate is threatening to catch fire :pac:

Links234 wrote:
    Well, I definitely had an interesting night. There were fireworks going off and the poor dog was terrified, took me ages to calm her down, she was trembling like mad. Got back to sleep eventually
    Aww poor doggy :(

I'm all happy today. I've lost another 2lbs, plus I got 4 James Patterson books and a dress in a charity shop for the grand total of 11 euro! :D

How's everyone today? :)

Happy out now xPPx. Heading into town for a little bit, might do a spot of retail therapy :pac:

This is brilliant :D

You're dead right, Mozz! Treat yourself. Bring us back something nice! :p

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Bloody hell. That's some going!! Hotels are meant to be crazy to work in all together but at the same time restaurants are no better! I am doing my work experience in a restaurant in town and the kitchen can be quiet and calm all day and next thing you know you're plating up twenty lasagnes and burning the garlic bread all while someone is roaring for more salads and the hot plate is threatening to catch fire :pac:

Sounds about right :D You only need to spend an hour working in a professional kitchen to understand why people like Gordon Ramsey who are Michelin Star chefs are all shouty when things aren't right. I've a cousin who's running a restaurant with his girlfriend in Galway and he worked with me for a time when I was in the hotel in Mayo (funnily enough, we were stuck for a barman one night and he came in to help and told them he was a chef and he started in the kitchen the next day - much to the bar manager's distress).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This is brilliant :D

Brock Lesnar is an absolute genius at getting stuff like this over. Remember the scream being put in with the Taylor Swift song? Brilliant. I also have a lot of respect for Reigns after Wrestlemania as not only did he look really good, but he had more sense than his family who wanted him to quit whereas he saw the bigger picture!

Reigns looked strong in defeat, but i'm not gonna be rooting for him anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Reigns looked strong in defeat, but i'm not gonna be rooting for him anytime soon.
    I said I have respect for him, doesn't mean I like or will be cheering for the chap but he has shown he can definitely be the top guy one day!

I have a bit of respect for him, but he'll definitely be THE GUY when John Cena packs it in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I said I have respect for him, doesn't mean I like or will be cheering for the chap but he has shown he can definitely be the top guy one day!
    It would've been nice though if WWE paid attention to the "one day" part of that.

Well, went for tea with Grem and got felt up :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »

:eek:

Oh myyyyyyy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hi pals:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

:eek:

Oh myyyyyyy :D

Had to be done!. She was admiring my leg too like!.

Talk about things that go bump in the night! :D

Ladies! It's only 5pm! Behave yourselves!

It's odd to be the one not on the receiving end of that sentence :p

Hehe, receiving end.. :p

And the side of your head! ;)
    Hehe, receiving end.. :p
    That's pretty much how the conversation earlier went :pac:

That's pretty much how the conversation earlier went :pac:

:eek: :D

• Advertisement

Folks, remember, it's always past the watershed somewhere... :p

Galway peeps, what's a good public house for a few people to gather and imbibe and converse?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement