Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Depends what kind of environment you want - I'm partial to Tí Neachtains myself - might be a bit old-timey for your group's tastes though. Other than that, the Quays, The Front Door or McSwiggans are all nice pubs. Kings Head is a good pub, though it can be noisy when music is playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Shiminay wrote: »
    Folks, remember, it's always past the watershed somewhere... :p

Galway peeps, what's a good public house for a few people to gather and imbibe and converse?

Dock No. One is really good, or there's the Salt House ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Needs to be not jammed and not loud. :) I'm in my late 30's now (almost :p) so can't be dealing with that noise. Is the Blue Note still a thing? That was always a favourite when I lived in Galway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had to be done!. She was admiring my leg too like!.

:eek:

Bejaysus :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, Shim, the Blue Note still exists. When I was living up there I was almost right across the road from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If the Blue Note ever not becomes a thing in Galway it would be a very sad day. The pubs in the middle of town are usually pretty busy.

Blue Note is still there, but seems to be a very different kind of place the days. Admittedly I"m not down that side of town often, but the few times I have been, there's guys sitting there with laptops during the day, and it's dead at night :/

Definitely try Dock No. One shiminay ;)

It looks like a nice spot alright Links, non-piss beers too which is always nice :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wish I was in Galway now, love to head to the Salt House for one.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, where is Dock No. One?? Did it have another name before that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dock-No-1/355973284559000

Just along the docks (funnily enough) :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dock-No-1/355973284559000

Just along the docks (funnily enough) :)

:D

Was just curious if it was in the old location of Padraigs bar (old, sawdust on the floor kind of place, going back years) or similar - I don't do much going out in Galway city these days.

Yup, that's it Mike! ;)

mike_ie wrote: »

Was just curious if it was in the old location of Padraigs bar or similar - I don't do much going out in Galway city these days.
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Used to go to Padraig's at least once a week for gaming nights.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. Used to go to Padraig's at least once a week for gaming nights.

Yeah, used to have a reputation as a really rough spot back when I was a teenager, had early/late license to cater to sailors coming in on the boats. Mellowed down a lot in the last ten years or so. Only heard about it closing a few months back - was wondering what they were going to do to the place.

tumblr_nlt31br9jX1skencso1_1280.gif

Getting some dinner on... frankly, I'm ****ed sideways :(

Heard it was gonna be rough on the first few days of this diet, but damn I was not prepared. I'm constantly feeling, not hungry exactly, but unsatisfied if that makes any sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Boston Bomber, Dzhokhar Tsaernaev found GUILTY on all 30 charges in relation to the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombing - Seeing as i have relatives in Boston, the verdict has made me very very happy indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy (belated) International Pillow Fighting Day Lair! If ye all want to join in, we have a pillow fighting thread running in Politics Cafe.

rexfeatures_2249098h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi swannnnnnnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o/

*hits with pillow and starts running*

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Pillow war, also ballsy move Seph, hitting Swanbot with a pillow :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi swannnnnnnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o/

*hits with pillow and starts running*
    Hey Seph!! Swannie and SwanBot use dual pillows, blocking your hit with one, while clobbering you with the other! POW! Feathers fly!
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pillow war, also ballsy move Seph, hitting Swanbot with a pillow :P
    **While Seph runs, Swannie and SwanBot turn towards Lith, clobbering him, just so he doesn't feel left out... POW! POW! Feathers fly!**

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hey Seph!! Swannie and SwanBot use dual pillows, blocking your hit with one, while clobbering you with the other! POW! Feathers fly!

**While Seph runs, Swannie and SwanBot turn towards Lith, clobbering him, just so he doesn't feel left out... POW! POW! Feathers fly!**

*ducks and watches as it hit young 93 and minty*

:O

*ducks and watches as it hit young 93 and minty*

Collateral pillow war damage indeed!! POW! POW! POW!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Pillow fight! Yay! :D

Black Swan wrote: »
    Collateral pillow war damage indeed!! POW! POW! POW!

*Dives behind the lair couch with swanbot ;)*

Pillow fight! Yay! :D
    Quick Paws... join in! :D

**Swannie clobbers Paws! POW!**

*Dives behind the lair couch with swanbot ;)*
    SwanBot report front-and-centre!
    Swaaaaaak?
    Use that pillow to CLOBBER Seph, not...
    Swaaak, swaaaaaaak??
    Bad SwanBot! Bad! Bad!
    Swaaaak... swaaaaauk... swaaaaaaaaaaak :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Owwww!!

*retaliates and smacks Swannie with massive pillow*

This discussion has been closed.