Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bang The Drums

*puts feet up*

Evening all, in from work about half an hour. How's everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Evening everyone!! I am shattered!! Anyone for putting the kettle on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jury duty's grand. If you really don't want to do it, you can tell the judge (assuming you're even called from the pool of potential jurors) that you can't because reasons. Say you hate car drivers if it's a motoring thing, etc. Don't pull the piss though, that could be contempt of court! :D
    Oh I thought because I got the letter that I was defo nabbed for it, did not realise there was a pool of people. That gives me hope. I just don't want to be in charge of deciding if someone is guilty of something or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

*puts feet up*

Evening all, in from work about half an hour. How's everyone?
    Mozzeltoff wrote: »

How are ye? :)

Not too bad now Hugo. Just a bit tired. It's being a bit of a busy day and a lot of driving but I am finally home again and will be heading to the land of nod soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bang The Drums

I'm good. Had a good evening in work, so that helps.

Hugo said he would grab the next round, we all heard him. He's so nice.

Not too bad now Hugo. Just a bit tired. It's being a bit of a busy day and a lot of driving but I am finally home again and will be heading to the land of nod soon :D

Busy enough here too. I shall be having a somewhat early night tonight too.
    I'm good. Had a good evening in work, so that helps.

Glad to hear it, friend! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

So far everyone here has chosen characters that chase dangerous criminals.
    Wonder what that says about us?

I wanna be the one doing the chasing for a change.

Hugo said he would grab the next round, we all heard him. He's so nice.

LOL He did not! :p

• Advertisement

What's this about a round now? :pac:

Just that Hugo was going to make tea for everyone Mozz that's all.
    I wanna be the one doing the chasing for a change.
    It's nice to have an escape from reality now and again.
    LOL He did not! :p
    My innocence has been permanently blackened by your lies Hugo. :D

A round of tea? It's alcohol or nothing!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got sunburned today! :eek:

A round of tea? It's alcohol or nothing!! :P
    That's fair enough. I suppose we should start with shots and get it out of the way.
    I got sunburned today! :eek:
    Ouch sickener. I know all burns are bad but on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ouch sickener. I know all burns are bad but on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it?
    Ah it's not bad, maybe a 2. I shall have to invest in some sunscreen I think. It's not sore, it's just a little bit itchy. I didn't think it was that warm.. I was nearly completely covered apart from my next which is where it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh I thought because I got the letter that I was defo nabbed for it, did not realise there was a pool of people. That gives me hope. I just don't want to be in charge of deciding if someone is guilty of something or not.

You need to remember, the courts don't want you doing it if you don't think you can either, last thing they want is a case thrown out.

Jury duty's the price for getting to vote. It's an interesting process and mostly just involves paying attention in the court and reading over evidence when the jury decides. You should consider it cause it's a real eye opener on how our legal system is basically pay-to-win and the only actual winners are the legal teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Worst burn I ever got was from an iron :pac: It was near enough 10 years ago, I still have the faint scar from it on my arm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Also, I'd like to do jury duty, just to experience it some time.

Ah it's not bad, maybe a 2. I shall have to invest in some sunscreen I think. It's not sore, it's just a little bit itchy. I didn't think it was that warm.. I was nearly completely covered apart from my next which is where it is.
    Be grand so, glad it wasn't serious. A bad sunburn can be a real trial while it's healing.
    You need to remember, the courts don't want you doing it if you don't think you can either, last thing they want is a case thrown out.

Jury duty's the price for getting to vote. It's an interesting process and mostly just involves paying attention in the court and reading over evidence when the jury decides. You should consider it cause it's a real eye opener on how our legal system is basically pay-to-win and the only actual winners are the legal teams.

Oh fairly sure I knew that already with all the people with multiple previous convictions walking around the streets while people that have not paid the tv licence get sent to prison. Not sure it's a system I want to see up close, I'm quite lacking in faith in humanity already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Hey all. My life is starting to fill up with drama llamas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All rise, this court is now in session, The honourable Judge Lith presiding..... i've watched so much of The Practice & Boston Legal, i think i'd be able to give lawyering/being a judge a go, pick up quiet a few things watching shows like that.

Would love to try jury duty, it'd be something to cross off the bucket list.

Then learn your enemy's tactics first hand so you might know them if they come for you :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

**Swannie sticks nose in Lair**

Hi Lith, Itzy, jumper, Angron, Shiminay, Paws, Mozz, Grem (always in the Lair kitchen), and my sneaky friend hiding behind the couch...
    Sephhhhhhhhhhhh!
    :cool:

Then learn your enemy's tactics first hand so you might know them if they come for you :D
    I'll try to keep that in mind. :pac:

I got called for Jury Duty a few years ago. They picked me for a case and I told them I couldn't do it because I knew the guy they were prosecuting :pac: Nasty piece of work he was though. He committed a pretty disgusting crime a few years back that was covered by the national media.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Blindside your opposition, before they blindside you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Lair llama! Kinda catchy on the tongue Shiminay :D

• Advertisement

I got called for Jury Duty a few years ago. They picked me for a case and I told them I couldn't do it because I knew the guy they were prosecuting :pac: Nasty piece of work he was though. He committed a pretty disgusting crime a few years back that was covered by the national media.

None of these stories are inspiring confidence. Thanks for setting me at ease everyone. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement