Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Satori Rae

No probs Joya I use a mix of different tools one being Maya and there's a few others too.

Usually I start in one transfer to another then another to finish a character, some of the tools in different programs don't get things the way I want it so I have to switch between them, this is primarily down to needing a better laptop :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

yes youd need good graphics and ram memory :) processor too well yes a good lap top :) what do ye have?

im working on me projects on hp envy it has i5 inside and 8 gb ram and it is great and fast but it is 14 inch screen (bought it as it is handy to carry to college and back) but i really need bigger screen (or maybe just additional screen) for loads of stuff... :(

Joya wrote: »
    yes youd need good graphics and ram memory :) processor too well yes a good lap top :) what do ye have?

im working on me projects on hp envy it has i5 inside and 8 gb ram and it is great and fast but it is 14 inch screen (bought it as it is handy to carry to college and back) but i really need bigger screen (or maybe just additional screen) for loads of stuff... :(

I have a ball of crap at the mo :P my old lap top I had got wreaked >.<

My bf gave me his old one its 4 gb ram. 19 inch screen.

Its quiet light though a bit to light ......... I am accident prone so I like heavy things. Going to go shopping for a new one soon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Satori Rae wrote: »
    I have a ball of crap at the mo :P my old lap top I had got wreaked >.<

My bf gave me his old one its 4 gb ram. 19 inch screen.

Its quiet light though a bit to light ......... I am accident prone so I like heavy things. Going to go shopping for a new one soon :D
    aww me Likes shopping for new technical things :d)))
    almost envy ye! :))

any idea what to get?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Satori Rae wrote: »
    Mo hayfever?
    Yeah, it's annoying cause I was fine for most of the day, and then around 4 or 5 it hit me. Wasn't expecting it cause it was a wet day, got a hail storm at one point.

• Advertisement

I have my eye on a few different ones........I would have loved to get a new alien ware one ...........but looking them up online you can get different brands that work out cheaper that are actually a lot better though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't like Alienware. Seems very overpriced for what you're getting.

I will freely admit though, I have loved some of their cases I've seen in the past.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Alienware is for rubes who have no idea what they're at :p

If it doesn't have to be a laptop, €800 gets you a pretty beefy desktop. €1000 gets you a monster.

I just eated a quarter pounder and some saussies :D Now for a nice cool can of cider to wash it all down.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, it's annoying cause I was fine for most of the day, and then around 4 or 5 it hit me. Wasn't expecting it cause it was a wet day, got a hail storm at one point.

Telling you antihistamines are your friend the normal zirteck ones that is, do not get the decongestive ones they tend to rip your stomach lining out and force feed it back to you if you are sensitive to meds in general :P

I got away with a minor headache myself rain can help but the pollen was heavy in the air today.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hey ho folkies

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Alienware is for rubes who have no idea what they're at :p

If it doesn't have to be a laptop, €800 gets you a pretty beefy desktop. €1000 gets you a monster.

I just eated a quarter pounder and some saussies :D Now for a nice cool can of cider to wash it all down.

I agree the alienware one I had before was decent that was before the great Dell take over and it wasn't that expensive like a grand but it was good for what it was and snazzy..I like shiny things :(........now you have to pay a grand for a basic with very little memory and feck all else and fork out shed loads more for basic add ons :( Quiet disappointed I was and I refuse to touch a mac yet alone own an I phone :P

y'see with a desktop, you can throw a second graphics card in for rendering processing stuff in a year's time when you've got the cash and you'll obviously be starting with at least 8GB of RAM if not 16 for your line of work.

Also, SSD. What a game changer. Put a 480GB SSD into mine and have installed Win 8.1 on it. 15 seconds boot time from cold, love it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey there Ted, how ya doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

looks like I might be seeing granny tomorrow instead as she's very tired now, but she was moved to a stroke unit today and got some movement in the hand back. Chilling with folks now in her house :)

That's positive news for sure Writer, very glad to hear it.

Hey there Ted, how ya doing?

Ted does be tired.

Unplanned running Great Ireland 10K in Phoenix Park today.

Brother had planned to do it, but couldn't make it. Told me yest, I could be him for the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Links234 wrote: »
    Well, didn't brew my beer yet, but had visitors! Itzy & Co. popped over ;)

2 new converts for Steam Powered Giraffe, Bunny be praised! :D

Loving SPG. Now what I expected.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Itzy wrote: »
    Loving SPG. Now what I expected.

Woo more SPG fans!. Yay!

Ted, unplanned 10k? I'd be calling a taxp!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Glad you're enjoying them Itzy! Hurrah for more converts! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Heyo lovely people. :)

Rented Prisoners for tonight. Anyone seen it?

• Advertisement

Woo more SPG fans!. Yay!

Ted, unplanned 10k? I'd be calling a taxp!.

Roads were closed, so couldn't order a taxi.

Heyo lovely people. :)

Rented Prisoners for tonight. Anyone seen it?

You can hire prisoners :eek:

They're going from a prison to Casa Paws, haven't they suffered enough :P

Lol

I really wish I wasn't on my own

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Joya wrote: »
    yes please do it can do no harm to let them take a look, my brother and sister suffered from ear inflammations and i can only imagine how painful it is as they say it is worse that toothache?

I'd have to agree with them. Just over a year ago I got a very bad pain in my ear. It actually awoke me and no matter what I did it would not go away. Ended up in A and E with the blasted thing. They thought it might be wisdom teeth but sure on further investigation they could see nothing wrong regarding that.

It was the worst suffering I ever endured. Today wasn't too great either. I woke up and I thought it would go away but it was only the start of it. I was in work and after my small break I had to leave because the noise was driving me insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

thanks shim, we're all very glad I have to say

Doing some blogging now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Woo more SPG fans!. Yay!
    Links234 wrote: »
    Glad you're enjoying them Itzy! Hurrah for more converts! :pac:

Quite possibly one of the best bands I've heard in a long time :D

Lol

I really wish I wasn't on my own

No need to worry, you'll have your own personal prisoners soon.

Meh I just feel like I'm constantly on my own, I don't really have anyone tbh

Oh my dear you shall find the man of your dreams someday, even if he's just a geek in a tinfoil hat.

• Advertisement

Itzy wrote: »
    Oh my dear you shall find the man of your dreams someday, even if he's just a geek in a tinfoil hat.

Nothing like an artfully fabricated tinfoil hat. Hopefully one of your prisoners will have that skill Paws..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement