Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Zero Lounge (mrkiscool2's lair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did somebody say beers?
    I did, and I totally forgot you were a mod :o Just shot Wolfie off a message. I don't midn doing the organising, have done it before (not for a beers, but for Tag Rugby, a conference I founded and just general road-trips with mates haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

People nowadays are getting offended too damn easily, christ offended by a variant comic book cover of all things.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrQfMrFXaQpX2CANOzSZdxKRXwPXrE-sJBijxdVONXndUesK5zCw

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-cancels-batgirl-joker-variant-at-artists-request

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Evening peoples. I see we're discussing the possibility of beers :D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    People nowadays are getting offended too damn easily, christ offended by a variant comic book cover of all things.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrQfMrFXaQpX2CANOzSZdxKRXwPXrE-sJBijxdVONXndUesK5zCw

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-cancels-batgirl-joker-variant-at-artists-request
    There was uproar about The Spiderowman one but that wasn't cancelled. Absolute madness!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like beer.

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    There was uproar about The Spiderowman one but that wasn't cancelled. Absolute madness!

what was the uproar about The SpiderWoman about??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

mrkiscool2 wrote:
    For why? (Yes I know that's bad English but it's a favourite phrase of mine!)
    I'm a bit shy in person.. :o

One of my favourite Youtubers can explain it better than I can. But basically her pose was too sexual! It was also for a Variant cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

I must be off to bed nocs, night night:)

I'm a bit shy in person.. :o
    Ah sure we will talk to you until you are able to talk to us :P

• Advertisement

One of my favourite Youtubers can explain it better than I can. But basically her pose was too sexual! It was also for a Variant cover.

But Spider-Man posed like that a decade ago also for a variant, as the guy said in the video..... Damned SJW's getting their knickers in a fecking twist.

mrkiscool2 wrote:
    Ah sure we will talk to you until you are able to talk to us 
    Hopefully I can go. Last time I didn't have time to go, this time I dunno if I can afford it but I'll do my best. :)

But Spider-Man posed like that a decade ago also for a variant, as the guy said in the video..... Damned SJW's getting their knickers in a fecking twist.
    Yup, not a fan of SJW's at all. But that cover went to press, surprised the cancelled the batwoman one!

I must be off to bed nocs, night night
    Nighty night writer :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night Writer..

Hopefully I can go. Last time I didn't have time to go, this time I dunno if I can afford it but I'll do my best. :)
    Well I think we said the end of May so should be time! Sure once Wolfie gets back to me I can start asking where people want to go! Be grand like!

Yup, not a fan of SJW's at all. But that cover went to press, surprised the cancelled the batwoman one!

People are so easily offended these days, i mean i don't see anything wrong with the Batgirl variant cover, hell if anything it's a throwback of sorts to Batman: The Killing Joke.

Good lord, i need a cigarette & coffee before i burst a blood vessel

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pick a date, start a thread, that's the secret to building a beers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

As an aside, I really dislike the term "SJW" 'tis like nails on a chalkboard

I've been called it plenty myself, and it's seriously such a nonsense term that's just used as a catch-all for anyone left/liberal leaning. :o

mrkiscool2 wrote:
    Well I think we said the end of May so should be time! Sure once Wolfie gets back to me I can start asking where people want to go! Be grand like!
    Eeep, I'll have to see what date it is because I'm away the weekend of the 24th and 25th. I'll definitely see what I can do.

• Advertisement

What does SJW mean?

Who even coined the term SJW, I say find that person, and give them a whack of a shovel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What does SJW mean?
    Social Justice Warrior.

Links234 wrote: »
    As an aside, I really dislike the term "SJW" 'tis like nails on a chalkboard

I've been called it plenty myself, and it's seriously such a nonsense term that's just used as a catch-all for anyone left/liberal leaning. :o
    No, I don't apply the term SJW-Social Justice Warrior-to anyone like that. If you believe in stuff like equal rights and stuff then grand, you can call yourself a feminist, a MRA, an egalitarian I don't really care (anymore). However, when you start trying to get rights for groups by subjugating another group (usually straight, white cis males because they are helped by "The Patriarchy") then I give you that term.

I'm of the belief that equal rights means everyone is equal, not that we want to be equal in the ways we are currently less than equal but keep all our privileges and areas in which we are more equal. No, just no.

Sorry for the rant guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Who even coined the term SJW, I say find that person, and give them a whack of a shovel.
    I dunno Lith, that kinda action sounds to me like anti-social justice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Angron wrote: »
    I like beer.

I like alcohol.

Links234 wrote: »
    I dunno Lith, that kinda action sounds to me like anti-social justice :pac:

Well the stupid person who coined it, deserves a shovel smack or 10.

Just my opinion obviously.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I think a better way to describe the morons who call them SJW's is "white knights". Timeless, but classy and lets me know to bring the big can opener.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I also like beer.. Having a can as we type..

• Advertisement

ANNNNNDDDD the beers thread is up! Feel free to knock yourself out suggesting a location, we'll get the date down after. I'd suggest the 22nd/23rd or 29th/30th for it! But yeah, anyway, public service announcement done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement