Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning city centre traffic

• 11-03-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Hey, sorry i've done some searching and didn't find exactly what I was looking for - basically i'm gonna start working one day a week in a Dublin centre office, parking not an issue, but i'm wondering what kind of traffic i'm looking at coming from the N6 into Hanover Quay? Am I better off stopping along the way and getting train/LUAS/bus in?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Proxy wrote: »
    Hey, sorry i've done some searching and didn't find exactly what I was looking for - basically i'm gonna start working one day a week in a Dublin centre office, parking not an issue, but i'm wondering what kind of traffic i'm looking at coming from the N6 into Hanover Quay? Am I better off stopping along the way and getting train/LUAS/bus in?

Thanks.

What time do you start work at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    What time do you start work at?
    Oops... 8.30am... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

Traffic on N4 can start as far back as maynooth at that hour. You would want to be passing Maynooth by 7.30 at least on a good day. Probably 7 to avoid bad traffic. Coming back will be worse

If you are thinking of commuting from Galway to hanover quay everyday, I think you are crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Traffic on N4 can start as far back as maynooth at that hour. You would want to be passing Maynooth by 7.30 at least on a good day. Probably 7 to avoid bad traffic. Coming back will be worse

If you are thinking of commuting from Galway to hanover quay everyday, I think you are crazy
    Oh no, not that crazy! It wouldn't be regular, maybe every few weeks i'll have to be in Dublin. Just trying to get a general idea of how much time I should be giving myself to get from say, Naas, to the city - or if I should just drive to say Kilcock/Maynooth and train it from there.

Advertisement