Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SmackDown spoilers 13/03/2015

• 11-03-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

WWE Smackdown starts off with Daniel Bryan. He comes out and announces that he will be involved in the WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match at WrestleMania 31. All of the members of the match are in the ring, except for R-Truth who is on the tron. All of the men battle in the ring and Truth watches backstage with the title in his hands.

1. Tyson Kidd, Cesaro and Los Matadores defeated The Uso’s and The New Day. Diego picks up the victory for his team, pinning Kingston after plenty of offense breaks down the match and all the men get involved.

-Rusev and John Cena video package airs.

2. Ryback defeated The Miz. Damien Mizdow was not in the corner of The Miz. Ryback wins with a Shell Shock in a pretty quick match.

-Roman Reigns comes out and talks about Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Roman would be interrupted by a returning Mark Henry. Henry says that Roman Reigns needs to earn the respect of the fans and the guys in the locker room. This prompts Roman Reigns to hit a Superman Punch and a Spear on the outside to Mark Henry.

3. Paige and AJ Lee defeated Cameron and Summer Rae

- Promo for The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt, followed by a backstage interview with Mark Henry. Henry says he does not believe that Roman Reigns can beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

4. Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler defeated Luke Harper, Bad News Barrett and Stardust in the main event. Bryan picks up the win for his team after hitting a running knee and pinning Luke Harper.

They gave Reigns mic time.....oh dear, hopefully Henry interupts him early on!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

4 Matches on a 2 hour show...when will it end

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are Los Matadores going heel now? Can see a 4 way match for the tag titles at WM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Are Los Matadores going heel now? Can see a 4 way match for the tag titles at WM

that stood out to me too - was an odd pairing, but i think they are juist trying to put them in the title picture so just threw the 2 teams together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

New Day/A New Day/The New Day/New Nation Of Domination would be better suited as heels, they're a bit like Boooo Dallas with the positivity thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Los Matadores getting the second heel slot for Wrestlemania looks like a big vote of no confidence in The Ascension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Truth has BNB's IC title now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They actually aired calling DB a turd.

I am just about done. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

4 Matches on a 2 hour show...when will it end

IN fairness, I'm sure that an hour and 15 minutes were dedicated to recapping Raw:p:eek::eek::p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They actually aired calling DB a turd.

I am just about done. FFS.

But he's NOT a nugget.

The main event was good and the Reigns-Henry stuff was WEIRD. The rest was Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought that the stuff with Mark Henry was good but that they could have done a match first. The main event was good. Will Daniel Bryan get beat down repeatedly before WrestleMania?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought that the stuff with Mark Henry was good but that they could have done a match first. The main event was good. Will Daniel Bryan get beat down repeatedly before WrestleMania?

It's Dolph Ziggler that needs to win here, not Bryan, so this kind of puts him in nowhere land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I thought that the stuff with Mark Henry was good but that they could have done a match first.

We will probably get a match/squash on Raw I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didn't Henry have a partial feud with Show before he was out injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reigns once again came across as heelish.

And did Bryan just say the WWE WHC picture was boring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

CSF wrote: »
    It's Dolph Ziggler that needs to win here, not Bryan, so this kind of puts him in nowhere land.

Why would Ziggler need the win, they stop and start pushing for years now. They clearly don't have plans for him

If they indeed what to elevate the IC title as Cena will do with the US Title then Bryan needs the win as if there's anyone who can do that its Bryan. (Don't see it happening but they might surprise me)

If not then give the win to Ambrose, have Bryan's next feud rival come out and take him out of the match.

If Bryan loses this clean then he's in trouble. He's been pretty much screwed over by Vince since his return and this will cement it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Fully agree Looper and the gas part is when people think that Dolph is this up and coming young guy when he's actually a year older then Bryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

What was all that 'turd' stuff about?

Looper007 wrote: »
    Why would Ziggler need the win, they stop and start pushing for years now. They clearly don't have plans for him

If they indeed what to elevate the IC title as Cena will do with the US Title then Bryan needs the win as if there's anyone who can do that its Bryan. (Don't see it happening but they might surprise me)

If not then give the win to Ambrose, have Bryan's next feud rival come out and take him out of the match.

If Bryan loses this clean then he's in trouble. He's been pretty much screwed over by Vince since his return and this will cement it for me.

I'm struggling to see how they appear to see how they have more plans for Ambrose than Ziggler. Ziggler has definitely had a more prominent 6 months leading up to Mania than Ambrose. Bryan should not be Intercontinental Champion, nor should you be expecting Cena to be elevating the U.S. title.

Also I'm not sure you can lose a six man ladder match clean.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    We will probably get a match/squash on Raw I reckon.
    Was he kind of hinting at maybe being pissed with Roman Reigns when he looked down and kind of muttered something to himself? I thought that overall the segment was carried out pretty well, but I'd love to see him get his own back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Brendão wrote: »
    What was all that 'turd' stuff about?

I dunno but it came off really really bad. Worse because Bryan just stood there smiling awkwardly with no response and looking like a complete geek, being bullied in a schoolyard but at the same time it wasn't done in a sympathetic way either, instead it was portrayed like he deserved it.

Imagine the rock insulting Austin and Austin stands there and takes it.

The creative team spend more time figuring out how to bury people than to get guys over.

• Advertisement

Apparently 'turd' is too much for Sky Sports to handle, they had to bleep it out of the 10am showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Really struggling to make any sense of that ending.

OK yeah, show some dissent among the faces going in but.... what? WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know why Truth hasn't wrestled on tv in a month?
    it's not like he's injured, because he's still doing the house shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Clemantis wrote: »
    Los Matadores getting the second heel slot for Wrestlemania looks like a big vote of no confidence in The Ascension.

The only other possibility is that they don't want to put The Ascension in if they're gonna lose? Tis no ringing endorsement though, that much is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

There was absolutely no need to add tag teams to that Wrestlemania match. Los Matadores have barely been on telly in the last 6 months. New Day are getting zero reaction from the crowd. People shouldn't be getting a Wrestlemania match just for the sake of it, especially now that there's a Battle Royale specifically designed to get extra people on the card. Personally think that match should have been a mixed 6 man tag involving Naomi & Natalya with the titles able to change via the divas. Would have loved to see Kidd's reaction to Natalya losing his championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently 'turd' is too much for Sky Sports to handle, they had to bleep it out of the 10am showing.

Or Sky realised how stupid it sounded and decided to bleep it in order to make it seem like they called him something else.

The only other possibility is that they don't want to put The Ascension in if they're gonna lose?

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/576707518480703488

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Wow. Scratch my theory then. Theirs has to be one of the most quickly abandoned pushes in recent memory?

Wow. Scratch my theory then. Theirs has to be one of the most quickly abandoned pushes in recent memory?

Yeah, but sure not everybody needs to be booked strong. Somebody has to be the whipping boys.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, but sure not everybody needs to be booked strong. Somebody has to be the whipping boys.

Should teeny tiny Kalisto being doing that?

Should teeny tiny Kalisto being doing that?

I've no idea. Just from what ive seen of the Ascension so far I've no problem with the fact that Cesaro/Kidd and The Usos being the tag teams that are booked well (well as well as the WWE book most people).

Do I think Los Matadores or New Day are any better? Not really, but its not as if they're gonna be booked very well either.

The thing is, The New Day have, as Gorilla Monsoon would have said "all the tools" when it comes to in ring action. The same goes for Primo & Epico. It's just a shame that they aren't able to line up everything else. Kofi Kingston should be in that ladder match at least really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing is, The New Day have, as Gorilla Monsoon would have said "all the tools" when it comes to in ring action. The same goes for Primo & Epico. It's just a shame that they aren't able to line up everything else. Kofi Kingston should be in that ladder match at least really.

They need him to do his close elimination bit for the Battle Royal.

Well it looks like he'll be involved in something with the Tag Team Championship maybe now.

Advertisement