Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pomade alternative

Options
  • 11-03-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

ok so i bought the black and white pomade a couple of month ago. now the problem with this product is that it doesnt provide good hold to my hair - i want a slicked-back lookk, but it just doesnt work with b&w and my hair. generally, after 5-10 minutes i need to take my comb out and set my hair again because my hair fights the pomade. i can get this look with classic gel, but its looks like, well, gel. and the hair gets really "crunchy".

so i thought, maybe i should try another product? preferable even water-soluble for convenience. i wanted to to start with a cheaper brand, like vo5. went to boots and saw they are crapload of variation of hairstyling products from vo5.

so here the questions: which one do i want? there was gelwax, styling wax, putty...
    it should basically provide the hold of a gel with the smooth looks of a pomade. i would even like it if its "invisible".

i'd appreciate if someone could guide me :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

sorry for the bump :o

but i bet someone here knows :D
    i'm torn between the gelwax and the stylingwax.. these are the 2 vo5 products that our local boots has the most units of. which one of those comes closer to the definition of "holds like gel, looks like pomade"?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

ok, this is the last time i'm bumping this up.

but does really no one know the difference from all these products? or do you just dont wanna share your stylish hair secrets :P

Advertisement