Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Sockets with DSL Adapters not Replaced.

Options
  • 11-03-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I recently had eFiber installed by an Eircom technician and he changed the old beige phone socket with a DSL adapter in the downstairs hall for a new white one (image attached). However I still have 4 other old phone sockets (with DSL adapters) located throughout the house. After a bit of to-and-fro with the junction box on the street around the corner the technician left without replacing these.

As the technician said these were now old and should be replaced is it possible that I could have these sent to the house as I can replace the myself?

Ger

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Gerb68 wrote: »
    I recently had eFiber installed by an Eircom technician and he changed the old beige phone socket with a DSL adapter in the downstairs hall for a new white one (image attached). However I still have 4 other old phone sockets (with DSL adapters) located throughout the house. After a bit of to-and-fro with the junction box on the street around the corner the technician left without replacing these.

As the technician said these were now old and should be replaced is it possible that I could have these sent to the house as I can replace the myself?

Ger
    Hi Gerb68

Only one main socket would be replaced by during the efibre upgrade. Additional sockets are no longer supplied or supported by eircom. The additional sockets are left managable at your own discretion but I can confirm that just because they are the older socket does not mean they must be replaced if still performing their function.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lowpark

Just remove the DSL filters from the extension sockets as all extensions are now filtered at the new master socket "if it is installed correctly e.g. all extensions wired from the master socket"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lowpark wrote: »
    Just remove the DSL filters from the extension sockets as all extensions are now filtered at the new master socket "if it is installed correctly e.g. all extensions wired from the master socket"
    Thanks for your advice above lowpark

I would usually recommend using the DSL filters just in case, They cause no harm but if removed and problems occur it's clear they will need to be attached again

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement