Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with scrap cars and horses

Options
  • 11-03-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I live beside a halting site, I'm here the last 7 years.
    I've never had any problems until recently. The residents there are keeping 6 horses in a walled Tarmac car park beside the site, they are feeding the horses and watering them but the problem is the smell. The waste from the horses has no where to go as it's not being cleaned and just left and after 2-3 months the stink is overpowering. Not only that but in the last week the they have also decided to collect scrap cars and pile them in a makeshift wall on the green area infront of the site. the wall is 2-3 cars high, right beside the foot path along the main road. it's soon to be a huge environmental issue as there cars are more or less complete, bar a few doors or bonnets. I'd assume they are still full of engine fluids and what not. Also there's the health and safety with all the bits of jagged metal and smashed glass on these cars.
    I have contacted dublin City council and the dspca and local politicians regarding the horses only to be met with deaf ears, no one wants to touch this issue with a barge pole.
    The same about the scraped cars D.C.C, the Gardai and local politicians aren't too pushed either.
    Has anyone got any idea on any further corses of action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its not on the malahide road by any chance? notice the residents of one lets call it a site seem who are fond of junk seem to be building a new wall out of scrap cars. Any other section of society who couldnt play the victim/discrimination card would have the council and a few other quangos down their necks to get it cleaned it up and then pay up for fines. And if its the site im thinking of whoever buys the petrol station/garage/waste land is going to have great fun trying to get part of their new lands back of these people

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Guessing it's Malahide road too. Didn't know about horses but the clatter of cars recently is just grim. I thought something would've been dine within the week as they're in what is public land. Then I remembered that that particular site is connected with some heavies within the travelling community. I wonder would the powers that be need a fairly comprehensive plan of attack?
    Must be horrible to have horse chap smell wafting about.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

humberklog wrote: »
    Guessing it's Malahide road too. Didn't know about horses but the clatter of cars recently is just grim. I thought something would've been dine within the week as they're in what is public land. Then I remembered that that particular site is connected with some heavies within the travelling community. I wonder would the powers that be need a fairly comprehensive plan of attack?
    Must be horrible to have horse chap smell wafting about.

Yeah that's it, you the horses are at the back of the hoarding in yard of the old crosson Opel dealership there. It's prettyrank alright, better than the bombs they had stored there 2 years ago. There was3-4 viable devices found in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I too have noticed the cars only this week.. Sure those poor marginalized people have no where else to put their unused cars and horses, must be an awfully tough life.. God bless 'em.

Advertisement