Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

API and Esta for the US

Options
  • 11-03-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi, my parents are travelling to the US so I've been filling out the relevant forms for them. I've completed the advanced passenger information on the aer lingus website. My mother carries a US passport so she doesn't require the Esta form to be filled out right? My dad is an Irish passport holder but will not be there for longer than two weeks. Is there anything else that they will be required to document before they travel there?

Thanks in advance.

GG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

nothing else except the Customs Declaration form which should be completed before arriving at CBP

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Correct, your mother will not need the ESTA clearance but your father will. Make sure you don't fall for the screen-scraper websites, they front end the official process and charge you extra for no added value. Below is a link to the official website, have his passport and a credit card at the ready - it costs $14 and you should get approval straight away.

Don't worry if you mess up with the flight details or the address in the US of where he will be staying the first night as you can go back in later and change those details but if you complete the process and discover that you mucked up something like his passport number or DOB, you have to start over and pay another $14......

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Advertisement