Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch

Options
  • 11-03-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    I moved into a new house recently and I'm having a few problems with my alarm:

1)If I don't set 0#7 (home alone) at night before going to bed the alarm starts beeping in the middle of the night and I have to get up and turn it off.

2)The led light is showing red beside the fault text on the box. The box will also start beeping randomly at times without any apparent pattern, the wind isn't triggering this. It can beep three times within an hour and then not beep for another week etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It sounds like a faulty device on your front door (or if any other entry exit zone)
    The next time this happens let the timer run down untill the alarm sounds before turning it off. The keypad will then display what zone has activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SpartanKiller

Hi,
    The alarm doesn't go off. It just keeps emitting a continual beep. Line Fault comes up on the keypad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh,
    I thought it might be the entry time starting.
    Have you a dialler connected to this alarm?

By dialer you mean phone? No its not connected.

Was there ever a dialler or a GSM connected?

• Advertisement

Just checked, there's a line going from the phone socket to the alarm box, so there could have been, we don't use our landline.

Sounds like that line may be coming & going.
    Have you engineer access to this system to delete & remove the dialler.

I don't really know what that entails. All we have is the code for setting it on/off. There's a larger control box in the toilet directly behind the wall where the alarm box is.

Thanks for your help anyway, i've contacted the alarm installer and someone is calling out to take a look

Advertisement