Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty Offer- Not paid

Options
  • 11-03-2015 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, 

I'm wondering if I could avail of some guidance here as I seem to be unable to get in contact with my own branch. 
    Our mortgage was drawn down on the 1st Jan after quite a bit of drama relating to EFT's etc. 
    We were told that we qualified for the 1% stamp duty offer and were delighted. However it is now 48 days since the draw down and the 1% of our mortgage has still not been lodged to the account from which the mortgage is paid. 
    We waited the full 45 days, all the while being reassured that everything was in hand. When the full 45 days were up we contacted our mortgage adviser, who told us that ours had been missed and assured us that the monies would be paid into the bank account yesterday or today. So far there has been no payment received. 
    I have attempted to contact our mortgage adviser who thus far has not responded. I know the staff are busy but it is a query which should be settled relatively quickly. 

I should note that my husband called into the bank last week also and no mortgage adviser came to speak to him. He was left waiting the the foyer while messages were relayed in and out by another member of staff. 

Regards, 
    C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi, 

I'm wondering if I could avail of some guidance here as I seem to be unable to get in contact with my own branch. 
    Our mortgage was drawn down on the 1st Jan after quite a bit of drama relating to EFT's etc. 
    We were told that we qualified for the 1% stamp duty offer and were delighted. However it is now 48 days since the draw down and the 1% of our mortgage has still not been lodged to the account from which the mortgage is paid. 
    We waited the full 45 days, all the while being reassured that everything was in hand. When the full 45 days were up we contacted our mortgage adviser, who told us that ours had been missed and assured us that the monies would be paid into the bank account yesterday or today. So far there has been no payment received. 
    I have attempted to contact our mortgage adviser who thus far has not responded. I know the staff are busy but it is a query which should be settled relatively quickly. 

I should note that my husband called into the bank last week also and no mortgage adviser came to speak to him. He was left waiting the the foyer while messages were relayed in and out by another member of staff. 

Regards, 
    C
    Hi Catrionaos,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced.

Could you please send me a PM with your own name and the branch that you have been dealing with? Please include a contact number so that I can arrange a call to you.

Apologies again and thanks for getting in touch.

Thanks

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freddiemoney

I have the same problem, myself and my partner drew down our mortgage last November and the 1% has not been reimbursed to us. I have made attempts to contact my own branch by phone, email to the Bank of Ireland help desk but neither have been very helpful.
    Is there anyone in the same predicament? What is the most effective line of communication to resolve this issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Freddiemoney, 

Thank you for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear that you are still awaiting an answer on this.

If you would like to send us a PM also with your name and branch name we would be more than happy to arrange a call for you. Please remember to include your contact number. 

Thank you, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freddiemoney

Hi Freddiemoney, 

Thank you for getting in contact and welcome to Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear that you are still awaiting an answer on this.

If you would like to send us a PM also with your name and branch name we would be more than happy to arrange a call for you. Please remember to include your contact number. 

Thank you, 
    Elaine 

Thanks for replying Elaine. Unable to send you a PM though, is there another address to send PM too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Freddiemoney, 

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. Then click the link in my signature below to send the message. 

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and then Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show signatures. You should then be able to send us a Private message. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement
Advertisement