Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tidal streaming

• 11-03-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Did a search and failed to spot a thread on Tidal.

Has anyone subscribed to the Hi-Fi streaming service?
    I would be interested to hear comments and how good it is with various sound systems. I'm guessing they have missed the boat with the likes of Spotify already established in Ireland - the fact that it is €20 p/m may also deter potential users.
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, they now have a blind test system that lets you test "if you have the equipment and ears for lossless High Fidelity sound", and offer 30 days free if you pass.

http://test.tidalhifi.com/

I scored 4/5, but I'm not sure I trust that. My "HiFi" consists of:
    - Acer laptop with built-in headphone socket,
    - cheap 1/8" - RCA cable to the Tape In sockets of a little Behringer 8:2 mixer I've had for over 10 years now;
    - headphone out in to a pair of over-the-ear headphones that cost me €5 at a "Euro Store" last month, which I thought would be OK for watching TV.
    :pac:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anyone involved with this service need to get a reality check. 20 a month is taking the absolute piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

bnt wrote: »
    Well, they now have a blind test system that lets you test "if you have the equipment and ears for lossless High Fidelity sound", and offer 30 days free if you pass.

http://test.tidalhifi.com/

I scored 4/5, but I'm not sure I trust that. My "HiFi" consists of:
    - Acer laptop with built-in headphone socket,
    - cheap 1/8" - RCA cable to the Tape In sockets of a little Behringer 8:2 mixer I've had for over 10 years now;
    - headphone out in to a pair of over-the-ear headphones that cost me €5 at a "Euro Store" last month, which I thought would be OK for watching TV.
    :pac:

Got three out of five with my laptop and ten euro earphones :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,147 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Q. Are your ears good enough for us to accept €20 a month from you?

A. Yes, yes they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

While I do find Spotifys sound quality lacking, I don't think I could bring myself to fork out 20 a month for this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Debub

my FB is showing a €4.00 for four months offer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

seem to be more mqa older catalogue being added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,096 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Advertisement