Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reactivating old line

Options
  • 11-03-2015 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭

I want to reactivate an old line to subscribe to broadband service from another povider. The issue I'm having is that they cannot find my line due to it having a non unique address. From looking at the eircom website it looks like i could pay about 25eur to have it reactivated from Eircom. However I do want to get into a contract with eircom. I simply want the line reactivated at the exchange. All line work is in place. Is this possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I want to reactivate an old line to subscribe to broadband service from another povider. The issue I'm having is that they cannot find my line due to it having a non unique address. From looking at the eircom website it looks like i could pay about 25eur to have it reactivated from Eircom. However I do want to get into a contract with eircom. I simply want the line reactivated at the exchange. All line work is in place. Is this possible?
    Hi oppenheimer1

eircom will be unable to arrange a reactivation without a 12 month contract and as such eircom cannot reactivate lines for purpose of connecting with another provider.

If you wish to sign up with another provider the route to follow is placing an order with that provider who then arrange eircom engineers to install or reactivate the line - this is an agreement at a wholesale level although I do believe there are some providers who do not have this agreement with eircom in place and can only take over existing lines to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement