Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter installation

Options
  • 11-03-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Moving into a mobile home on a site and running a power supply from the sheds in her parents.
    There's a small fuse board in the shed but we want to keep tabs on what we're using as they are the worst wasters of electricity I've ever encountered and we're not paying 1/2 a bill for the fraction we'll use.

Anyway, I've seen the wireless power monitors and just not 100% sure they're what I'm after as a record of what we're using.

Would this be better job?
    Want to put it inline (in the shed) between board and our inlet.
    http://www.meteorelectrical.com/80-amp-single-phase-dual-tariff-credit-meter.html?osCsid=nse54cvlfnfcq02jndpasp6k21

Something about the mechanical unit I'd prefer and that they can see as well :) just need a usage figure to multiply by unit cost for our part of the bill ðŸ‘

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It will be suitable alright, but you will probably want a single tarriff one rather than dual tariff.

Multiply the units used by 0.2 for the cost in euros. A unit is around 20 cent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Bruthal wrote: »
    It will be suitable alright, but you will probably want a single tarriff one rather than dual tariff.

Multiply the units used by 0.2 for the cost in euros. A unit is around 20 cent now.

That's great thanks ðŸ‘
    The single one on that site is out of stock so will know what to look for now anyway.
    Thanks for the help.

Advertisement