Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Category reorganisation (this is a big one)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If we get rid of Media & Research we'll be without a "no man's land" to send the survey spammers off to. :)
    Oh but we know that's not entirely true, don't we.. just ask Gordon where we send survey spammers, and watch him light up, light up, as if they have a choice.
    :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

In terms of politics, im not sure that the EU, US, NI and Theory subforums are sufficiently busy in their own right.

I wonder could thr new politics category be reduced to:
    1. General Politics
    2. Economy
    3. Elections & Referendums
    4. Cafe

Maybe there is also room for a new forum such as Justice or Crime in relation to the political issues arising from court cases, new legislation, crime stats etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

1. General Politics
    2. Economy
    3. Elections & Referendums
    4. Cafe

What about
    1. General Politics
    2. Irish & U.K. With tags eg IE; NI; UK; Ref; Elect; econ
    3. International. With tags eg US; EU; Asia; etc
    4. Theory

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Taltos wrote: »
    What about
    1. General Politics
    2. Irish & U.K. With tags eg IE; NI; UK; Ref; Elect; econ
    3. International. With tags eg US; EU; Asia; etc
    4. Theory

Theory doesnt have much going on at the moment. I was thinking keep the busiest sub forum (economy) and the elections because they get busy around election time.

The idea is that with the Cafe being busy, it will make the other politics fora look like ghost towns in comparison. so i think less is more

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Tbh because IE is quite busy is a big reason to bring it in!

Anyway I've posted it in the forums discussion on the rules thread to get user feedback and we can go over them in the mods forum, with a view of getting back here Monday at the latest.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

This is going to be going live today. I'm going to start a new thread to gather all feedback on the rolled out update.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement