Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea (1) v PSG (1) ko 7.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ah the lads on RTE have got a new lease of life and have gone into overdrive.

All three sticking the boot into Mourhino.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

A victory for football.

Mourniho's anti-football tactics are the reason his side are out.

Yep. Chelsea looked dangerous whenever they came forward, they just didn't come forward enough. PSG in contrast were brave and positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Youd swear they won the champions league theway they are celebrating

€250,000 bonus a man for winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ridiculous, absolutely shocking to play for that long against 10 men and to play so remarkably under par. Woeful.

You play one of the great clubs, you play Bayern Munich, you play Barcelona with 10 men for that long and they rip you apart. Chelsea had no conviction, no belief in how they went about the game, it was 11 confused individuals for such a long period of the game.

Sky have latched onto English teams failing in Europe and this was another example of why. I do think that English clubs are conned by clubs who raise their prices a crazy amount when English teams come knocking.

Dunphy just said it there, the English league is a soap opera, it's the other European leagues that are the true dramas. This is one failure too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,309 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

For once, I agree with Souness. Mourinho is toxic with his attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

McDave wrote: »
    As you're ignoring PSG's performance in the first leg, it's clear your view is unbalanced.

This is the second leg thread right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

€250,000 bonus a man for winning.

Sure I make that in a month after tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Danye wrote: »
    He's right though.

Despite what Sky / BT try to feed us about the PL being the "best" league in the world it's clearly not.

Why do you care? Are you English? Is it a personal insult to you that the league isn't that great? Are you someway proud of the league when an English team does well?

A lot of people on this thread need to re-evaluate how they think about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Giruilla wrote: »
    That was a win for football. Disgusting from Chelsea

Disgusting? This match was about a spirited PSG performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jose out Josed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The RTE lads off round to Jose's house to perform an exorcism :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Everybody seems delighted Chelsea are out... Dont think there has been ever a more hated side in England :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

SantryRed wrote: »
    The best the PL has to offer just failed to see off a ten man team over 120 minutes. Further more, they even failed to control the game!

Disgrace first time in the history of the world that 10 men beat 11. They worked their socks off and deserved it fair play no hard feelings from me. Sort of like us against Barca a few years back it happens to the brave and faithful and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*cking beautiful.

The 11 men from Paris came across the channel and played not like the French stereotype, maybe because not many are from France, but stood tall like the Eiffel Tower of their team's native city, battling against the injustice and bias of the a referee from the kick off. It's not often that you see 10 men beat 11, but to see 10 men beat 12 was before today the stuff of myth, but no more, these men will return to Paris no longer mere men but legends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nolars wrote: »
    So the pl is the best league in the world? :pac:
    Most football fans in England wouldn't claim it to be the best. That's the lovely British sports writers for you. It may have a claim to be one of the most entertaining (mainly due to the technical frailties of a lot of the players), but the best technically? Nowhere near the Spanish or German leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The PL has taken a hiding in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ammo saying Hazard wasn't in the game?!
    I seen him, quite a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Everybody seems delighted Chelsea are out... Dont think there has been ever a more hated side in England :pac:

Definitely United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

PSG are a multi million pound team this is not Besiktas they are a proper side. We were poor but they are no mugs

Ah, they had 10 men for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I think its Jose, such a dislikeable and nasty man. His behaviour since his return to Chelsea has been a disgrace.

The PL has taken a hiding in Europe

Best league in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Someone needs to do the following photoshop:

The PSG boys on the train. Silva, Luiz, Veratti and possibly Ibra at the back. Then the guy trying to board the train is Jose. And the PSG gang don't let him on.

And there is a champions league logo on the train. Or the "Next Stop" sign has "Quarter finals" on it. Or something.

Please someone do this. Or draw it in paint. I don't care, just get it done.

lol at the RTE guys :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

Quazzie wrote: »
    Why do you care? Are you English? Is it a personal insult to you that the league isn't that great? Are you someway proud of the league when an English team does well?

A lot of people on this thread need to re-evaluate how they think about things.

I don't particularly care, no. I'm just making an observation.

I'm irish. No it's not a personal insult that the league isn't what it's hyped to be. Again, it's an observation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

John not happy with this photo :rolleyes:

Chelsea-Chelsea-FC-Jose-Mourinho-CFC-Capital-One-Cup-Final-League-Cup-final-Chelsea-v-Tottenham-Tottenham-Spurs-Maurici-561292.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

The modern day version of the 1970s Leeds side. Very efficient and good at what they do, but deeply unloved by the majority of fans of other clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ridiculous, absolutely shocking to play for that long against 10 men and to play so remarkably under par. Woeful.

You play one of the great clubs, you play Bayern Munich, you play Barcelona with 10 men for that long and they rip you apart. Chelsea had no conviction, no belief in how they went about the game, it was 11 confused individuals for such a long period of the game.

Sky have latched onto English teams failing in Europe and this was another example of why. I do think that English clubs are conned by clubs who raise their prices a crazy amount when English teams come knocking.

Dunphy just said it there, the English league is a soap opera, it's the other European leagues that are the true dramas. This is one failure too much.

junta dimision?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

"Jose lying on ground Darragh"

WTF is wrong with you Darragh,you cant be doing that

The RTE lads are gas when they go off on one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »
    This is a terrible advert for football. Nothing redeeming what so ever.

Might have spoke too soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

rarnes1 wrote: »
    lol at the RTE guys :pac::pac:

Find it hard to disagree with what they're saying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

honestly one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Chelsea, everything they did seemed guided towards fking things up for themselves. League 2 defending, LSL level pedestrian attacking and uncharacteristically shaky keeping from Courtouis.

Willian can't have a future past this year, I honestly don't know how he starts every game. All he is is a poor man's James Milner with less end product.

It does give me a sense of comfort to see the pseudo-PSG/Pool/Arsenal fans' obsession with Mourinho: "A victory for humanity" is my favourite comment I think I've ever read! (adding to the 50 odd sneers from gremlins about looking forward to his press conference, love it!)

You know it's good though when winning the league at a canter might be seen as a mediocre season!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

Dunphy just stopped short of saying that Mourinho gave Villanova cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

shano_88 wrote: »
    Ah, they had 10 men for 90 minutes.

Yea 10 men have never beaten 11 before have they. Pity for us but good luck to Paris deserved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Quazzie wrote: »
    Definitely United.

As a lifelong Liverpool fan I can say you could never dislike Fergies Utd the way you can any Mourinho team, hes just so negative and hateful and surrounds his teams with people in his image.He doesn't try to win games the way Fergies teams always did,Utd always played good football and did it the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

blueser wrote: »
    The modern day version of the 1970s Leeds side. Very efficient and good at what they do, but deeply unloved by the majority of fans of other clubs.

Was Don Reavie as hated as Jose, looking at the Damned Utd he had the same kind of attitude as Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Compelling game even though it was horrible football, but my God, karma has never been in more force than over London tonight.
    Have that all you "Win at all costs" merchants like Mourinho. Football & sport is the winner on a great night for PSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Looper007 wrote: »
    I think its Jose, such a dislikeable and nasty man. His behaviour since his return to Chelsea has been a disgrace.

Don't forget their horrible fans, negative tactics, Costa, Terry etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

We played poorly, almost had the game handed to us and we made a balls of it, simple. Best of luck to PSG, no complaints.

Last time I looked we are still top of our league, a position many in here wish they could be in. A bad night but that's all, the drama queens and haters keep working away, its probably the highlight of your season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd say even some Chelsea fans don't like them :pac:
    They really aren't a nice team in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

GavRedKing wrote: »
    2 foals let in from corners.

Ffs

Horse it in to the box boss, horse it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keith16 wrote: »
    Someone needs to do the following photoshop:

The PSG boys on the train. Silva, Luiz, Veratti and possibly Ibra at the back. Then the guy trying to board the train is Jose. And the PSG gang don't let him on.

And there is a champions league logo on the train. Or the "Next Stop" sign has "Quarter finals" on it. Or something.

Please someone do this. Or draw it in paint. I don't care, just get it done.

That''s not a photoshop job, it's a bloody short film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Great thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

As a lifelong Liverpool fan I can say you could never dislike Fergies Utd the way you can any Mourinho team, hes just so negative and hateful and surrounds his teams with people in his image.He doesn't try to win games the way Fergies teams always did,Utd always played good football and did it the right way.

United always played good football, are you delusional, they were champions, they won. Not always good football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Mourinho is a clown when he retires he wont be celebrated as one of the greats, everyone will just be happy he is gone, no respect at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Whats hilarious is Chelsea can create chances at will when they want to.. Mourinho is so anti-football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Turtyturd wrote:
    The 11 men from Paris came across the channel and played not like the French stereotype, maybe because not many are from France, but stood tall like the Eiffel Tower of their team's native city, battling against the injustice and bias of the a referee from the kick off. It's not often that you see 10 men beat 11, but to see 10 men beat 12 was before today the stuff of myth, but no more, these men will return to Paris no longer mere men but legends.

David Luiz didn't stand tall; he threw himself to the ground in pitiful fashion, feigning a headbutt and then jumping up and smiling as he got booked for his nonsense.

I am pleased that PSG went through and it was deserved, but let's not pretend that PSG embody the true values of the game. Football lost tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

murpho999 wrote: »
    That''s not a photoshop job, it's a bloody short film.

I heard they are getting Senor Spielbergo in to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Didi Hamann is in his element on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

murpho999 wrote: »
    Find it hard to disagree with what they're saying though.
    Yep. As someone who usually supports English clubs in Europe, I was hoping PSG would go through after half an hour. Terribly distasteful behaviour from too many Chelsea players and manager. Thought PSG were incredible, and individually their players were on a different level. Proper ballers as the young lads say! Pastore, Silva, Luiz, Motta and Veratti with world class performances. Hazard and Courtois closest for Chelsea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement