Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea (1) v PSG (1) ko 7.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Getting to see the difference between Guardiola and Mourinho as managers here. Both up against teams down to 10 for most of the match, only one team tried to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Apart from the stick on peno in the first half, still never mind Liverpool might even qualify for the CL next season again still won't get to the knock out stages though even from a really easy group. We will be in the knock out stages as normal again next season no fear.

Whats that got to do with tonights game?

An unexpected excellent Wednesday evening all around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Corholio wrote: »
    That's about as controversial as it gets in Sky land.
    He was on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sky pay billions for the premier league they are hardly going to let pundits they also pay millions talk it down

Thats why I said he wouldnt be allowed say it on British Channels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Glad the right team won. The ref did everything he could to hand the game to Chelsea.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Graham Souness [quite rightly] tore Chelsea to shreds on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

blueser wrote: »
    He was on RTE.

Think you missed the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Whats that got to do with tonights game?

Stick on peno in the first half pretty much everything would you not say. As for the rest read the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Glad the right team won. The ref did everything he could to hand the game to Chelsea.

nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sky pay billions for the premier league they are hardly going to let pundits they also pay millions talk it down

Apart from putting the league down, you would not hear managers like Mourinho be assessed and criticised like the RTE lads do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

nonsense

Lol.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Definitely United.

No way.

United have always been a team you could respect even if you don't support them. They are pretty much the complete opposite of Chelsea.

Chelsea represent a lot of what is bad in football today. Win at all costs, even if it involves blatant cheating. Surrounding referees, trying to get players booked and sent off. A manager who has become a parody of himself and numerous players who are just snide.

In all my years watching football I don't think there has been a less respectable team than Mourinho's Chelsea sides, the current one especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Huge over reaction to the way Chelsea played. They did play to a point,but were over cautious. They didn't need to score to win, it's understandable to a point to spoil game and be tight.
    What I had a issue with was the cheating and diving of the Chelsea players,and it was all encouraged by Jose. He calls it being ''clever'' .
    He doesn't look clever now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lol.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Chelsea players demanding blood was not helpful to ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

awec wrote: »
    No way.

United have always been a team you could respect even if you don't support them. They are pretty much the complete opposite of Chelsea.

Chelsea represent a lot of what is bad in football today. Win at all costs, even if it involves blatant cheating. Surrounding referees, trying to get players booked and sent off. A manager who has become a parody of himself and numerous players who are just snide.

In all my years watching football I don't think there has been a less respectable team than Mourinho's Chelsea sides, the current one especially.

I think he just misses United being hated/good tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

No way.

The very fact that ABU is an accepted and well recognized term whereas ABC isn't proves that United are the most hated team in England.

Or perhaps most widely hated is more accurate. I suppose it's what way you mean "most hated"

No way.

Are you honestly saying Man U in their prompt never surrounded and intimidated refs do grow up they were famous for it

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Couldn't happen to a nicer crowd, Mourinho's comments about PSG' league game against Lens was disrespectful and made him look even less classy which I didn't think would be possible so **** Chelsea,**** Abramovich and **** Mourinho. Goodnight London.

• Advertisement

Stick on peno in the first half pretty much everything would you not say. As for the rest read the thread

Sour grapes is what id suggest the majority of your post was. As for the peno, it was nailed on but it was never a red and Costa should have gone for at least a second yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah that penalty he gave for the foul on Costa really hurt PSG.

Oh wait he didn't give the penalty for a clear foul in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Corholio wrote: »
    Think you missed the point.
    Maybe I did. I assumed you were saying that Hamann was on Sky. And actually, tonight the panel on Sky was pretty damning in their criticism of Chelsea. The playacting of Oscar when Ibrahimovic was red carded, the crowding of the ref, Mourinho moaning about PSG wasting time when his own side did exactly the same at Anfield last season, Costa going out to wind up opposition players, etc etc. Along with slagging off the quality of PL football generally. I was surprised at their frankness tonight. But fair play to them; they were spot on.

Mourinhio wrote PSGs team talk saying Chelsea have harder training sessions than their game in France at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Are you honestly saying Man U in their prompt never surrounded and intimidated refs do grow up they were famous for it

The word you are searching for here is pomp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Headshot wrote: »
    I love Didi on the panel tonight

Dream team for me on the RTE panel tonight

Switch out Kenny Cunningham for Giles - just for someone to wind up Dunphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mourinho needs to rethink his use of Catenaccio against half-decent sides. It's ridiculous watching a side of talented players perform as if they'd been transported from Italy in the 1960's or 1970's.

People slated Guardiola for being a one trick pony, Mourinho is fast becoming the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The very fact that ABU is an accepted and well recognized term whereas ABC isn't proves that United are the most hated team in England.

Or perhaps most widely hated is more accurate. I suppose it's what way you mean "most hated"

United were successful enough to justify an ABU. Chelsea haven't been.

Sour grapes is what id suggest the majority of your post was. As for the peno, it was nailed on but it was never a red and Costa should have gone for at least a second yellow.

Obviously you did not read the thread more so when I thought the better team won fully deserved. But never let the truth get in the way

Kennys independent eyebrows

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »

Spell check is wonderful

Apple is wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Kirby wrote: »

The point he is making is valid though

ABU was (is) because United won so much. Chelsea aren't hated because of their trophy count which is relatively modest in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

More of this

Leading to this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nice night for Luiz and Thiago silva after the nightmare they had at the world cup. 2 great headed goals. Delighted for mourinho after all the nonsense he has been coming out with the past few months. It takes a special individual to make arsenal, liverpool and utd fans on the SF unite in their happiness. Well played Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Yea 10 men have never beaten 11 before have they. Pity for us but good luck to Paris deserved it

But a tactical genius like Mourinho should surely be able to navigate his team through. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nice night for Luiz and Thiago silva after the nightmare they had at the world cup. 2 great headed goals. Delighted for mourinho after all the nonsense he has been coming out with the past few months. It takes a special individual to make arsenal, liverpool and utd fans on the SF unite in their happiness. Well played Jose.
    I don't think that has anything to do with Mourinho, its to do with them being the last English team to win the Champion's league and almost always being in contention to win the Premier league title and the domestic cups.

It's of no surprise that this example is posted because I bet it's the only one you actually have.

The two clubs are chalk and cheese, and I say that as someone who supports Liverpool.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but that Keane incident was not to try and get a player booked or sent off as far as I remember. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's of no surprise that this example is posted because I bet it's the only one you actually have.

The two clubs are chalk and cheese, and I say that as someone who supports Liverpool.

Monday night was pretty poor spectacle from United what with all the diving and harassment of the ref.

Also, correct me if I am wrong but that Keane incident was not to try and get a player booked or sent off as far as I remember. :)

The other night, Di Maria incident before being sent off looked eerily similar

The other night, Di Maria incident before being sent off looked eerily similar

No it didn't ffs! :pac:

Also in that case the player who dived got sent off. In this case the innocent party was sent off thanks to blatant cheating from Oscar and subsequent disgraceful scenes from the rest of the Chelsea team. Honestly, anyone who doesn't think that was an absolute joke tonight is either clueless or being deliberately obtuse.

Truth hurts does it !!!!!!!!!

Bit like Di Maria and Januzaji the other night yea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

titan18 wrote: »
    United were successful enough to justify an ABU. Chelsea haven't been.
    This. Utd dominated the league for 10 years. Even Cantona wasn't anything like Costa who has become a caricature of himself. If he had concentrated solely on his job tonight, (which I hope was to score goals) I think he could have bagged one or two. That is his specialty, that's what he's paid the big bucks for. I like him which is why I criticise him.

• Wow...serious deja vu in here...am I in the man utd v arsenal thread??

• Advertisement

Truth hurts does it !!!!!!!!!

Bit like Di Maria and Januzaji the other night yea

Why would it hurt? I am not a United fan. You've used used one high profile incident that wasn't the same situation at all to try and prove your insane point.

Not at all like Di Maria or Januzaj. In those cases the players who cheated got sent off and booked respectively.

Obviously you did not read the thread more so when I thought the better team won fully deserved. But never let the truth get in the way

Youre right i didnt read the other 67 pages in the last ten minutes, you win the Internet, congrats, at least you have something to enjoy apart from the football.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I thought Costa was auditioning for a part in a Zombie movie tonight

No it didn't ffs! :pac:

Also in that case the player who dived got sent off. In this case the innocent party was sent off thanks to blatant cheating from Oscar and subsequent disgraceful scenes from the rest of the Chelsea team. Honestly, anyone who doesn't think that was an absolute joke tonight is either clueless or being deliberately obtuse.

Not disputing the cards involved , just the crowd gathered

Why would it hurt? I am not a United fan. You've used used one high profile incident that wasn't the same situation at all to try and prove your insane point.

Not at all like Di Maria or Januzaj. In those cases the players who cheated got sent off and booked respectively.

But they tried to get other players in trouble but like United lately failed miserably

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement