Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea (1) v PSG (1) ko 7.45

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PSG tried to play football tonight by patiently passing and moving .
    Despite being down to 10 men they took the initiative for most of the game.
    Neutrals will almost always side with the team that play the more attractive football or take the initiative.

Why do you think fans of other clubs do not like Mourinho or his team ?

Is it because of their overly cynical and physical style of play which is crude and negative ?

Is it because Mourinho constantly rubs up opposing teams and managers the wrong way ?

Is it because of Mourinho's constant conspiracy theories and whinging about the referees and the media campaigns against him ?

Is it because of the odious nature of alot of the Chelsea players ?

Is it the fact that Chelsea have spent over £1bn pounds on players and wages since Mourinhos first spell yet play like Wimbledon FC ?

Take your pick

I think you misunderstand. It's perfectly fine to think another team deserved to win etc etc. But as for 'Fans' Celebrating a teams lose is pathetic. Completely different in posting

'' Good Win for PSG, played well really deserved'' etc etc or

''YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PSGGGGGGGGGG WIN''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I think you misunderstand. It's perfectly fine to think another team deserved to win etc etc. But as for 'Fans' Celebrating a teams lose is pathetic. Completely different in posting

'' Good Win for PSG, played well really deserved'' etc etc or

''YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PSGGGGGGGGGG WIN''
    Well, I cheered on both occasions that PSG scored, even though I went into the game as a neutral viewer. Not only did they outplay Chelsea, but they also showed greater endeavour throughout the match; the football was simply better to watch, it reminded me of Dortmund in their pomp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

People dont like Mourinho or this Chelsea side for the reasons I already gave plus many more expressed by other posters on this thread.
    I can never remember such a loathed team .

Its pretty obvious why people would get delight in seeing Chelsea lose and the special one ,the villian of the piece ,eat humble pie.
    I wonder did Chelsea find that game more demanding than their Saturday training session :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just seen Luiz faking the headbut by Costa, I can see why some of the Chelsea fans were booing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Great to see such a horrible club beaten. Honestly don't know how any Irish person could support Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

One thing I'll never understand is why opposing fans celebrate when another team loses? Seeing United fans cheering that PSG knocked out Chelsea etc etc. Why do you's even care?

PSG have a great chance to possibly win it now. If Draw goes well for them

That is nonsense. Why bother watching football at all then if your team isnt playing. For the quality??? Chelsea deserve to be criticised last night for the way they acted during the match, they deserve to be mocked for the way their fans acted in paris and for how hateful, bitter and spiteful their manager acted in front of the media.

Every one needs a bad guy and it feels good to watch the bad guy fall on their ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm glad PSG went through but only because in my experience Chelsea tend to make matches pretty dull when there's a lot riding on them.

I know it's just Jose's style and he's not answerable to anyone with regard to how his team go about winning. But the rigidity of the team combined with the 'niggle' he encourages makes for a poor spectacle. I've tuned into CL knock out matches, top of the table clashes and Classico's, and I've generally felt that my time was wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Didn't see the game, work saved me from that. Disappointed with the result, Mourinho seemed to be gracious enough in defeat reading his quotes which was decent.

Doesn't look like there are any positives to take from the result, apart from less games for them to worry about squeezing in for run in to the league, which should have been their priority this season anyway. Not sure Mourinho or Abtamovich would necessarily agree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Crowding ref is not a new thing, all big teams do it and there is no team better or worse at it. All are same. Also when it comes to irritating refs, it's always the most experienced players who are the biggest culprits.

Btw read the stat that Diego Costa didn't score a goal in CL this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

One thing I'll never understand is why opposing fans celebrate when another team loses? Seeing United fans cheering that PSG knocked out Chelsea etc etc. Why do you's even care?

Seriously????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Someone was looking for this?

f11a14483408a75df50e621ea700f189.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Loved Zlatan's quote about all the Chelsea players running to get in the ref's face "I felt like I was surrounded by 11 children" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

All I see there is a post laughing at another poster. How is that even a comparision? I'd have laughed the other way to had it been vice versa. But 9/10 for effort on trying to twist what I said.

All I see there is a post laughing at another poster. How is that even a comparision? I'd have laughed the other way to had it been vice versa. But 9/10 for effort on trying to twist what I said.

You gotta take that Internet loss on the chin!

I'd imagine they prosecution has more evidence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh how very noble of you to not enjoy Chelsea being beaten after their display.

I'll be over here with the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Someone was looking for this?

f11a14483408a75df50e621ea700f189.jpg

That was me! Outstanding work sir! Have one internet thank, I insist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I wanted Chelsea to lose because I don't like them.

They're cynical, ugly and Mourinho's digs at PSG were petty and unprofessional.

PSG playing a lovely brand of football was a bonus.

Ere'go, I celebrated when each PSG goal went in.

It's not a difficult concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Something something Quadruple something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any fan of football would celebrate PSG winning tonight .

Its a victory for the way the game is meant to be played .
    Oh I see, it's just about the way they play. The money they spend on players doesn't matter then? It seems to be a big case for not liking City and Chelsea over the last few years.

Also Ibrahimovic's challenge was horrendous and deserved a red card. I don't care what the pundits are saying, if Oscar didn't slide himself he could have been very badly injured. That challenge is not the way football is supposed to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oh I see, it's just about the way they play. The money they spend on players doesn't matter then? It seems to be a big case for not liking City and Chelsea over the last few years.

Also Ibrahimovic's challenge was horrendous and deserved a red card. I don't care what the pundits are saying, if Oscar didn't slide himself he could have been very badly injured. That challenge is not the way football is supposed to be played.
    Oscars challenge was worse, at least Ibra pulled out, or tried to. Oscar had his studs up. Should he have gone too in your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Anyone got any links for the RTE post match analysis? Interested in hearing Hamann's views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Anyone got any links for the RTE post match analysis? Interested in hearing Hamann's views.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/734/686482/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Anybody who thinks ibrahimovic should have been sent off or that it was an awful tackle should just give up on football and go away and watch table tennis or netball. It's a contact sport ffs and he even pulled out of the tackle.

The Chelsea players reaction and Oscars rolling around was embarrassing for the sport.

I watched it with a couple of rugby and gaa lads that I'm always trying to argue with when they say football is gone soft and is being ruined by cheats . I hadnt a leg to stand on last night but the one consolation was seeing them beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

fullstop wrote: »
    Loved Zlatan's quote about all the Chelsea players running to get in the ref's face "I felt like I was surrounded by 11 children" :D
    He's right but in reality every team does it. I know referees have been poor in general but when you have teams get into their faces all the time it makes their job so much more difficult. There is no respect shown to referees. I know people will say blah blah blah the players are passionate and they have career/money on the line. But they should really take notice of other sports like rugby where only the captain usually communicates with the referee. I been watching the 6 nations rugby and it's refreshing not to see the constant diving, feigning of injuries and crowding the referee.
    eagle eye wrote: »

_81583561_chelsea.jpg
    Both probably should have gotten yellows and be done with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement